IMPULSE BUY ON FAUNA!? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Mike554
IMPULSE BUY ON FAUNA!?

If any of you have seen the snake classifieds section you will see one of the things i can't stand! Parents making impulse buys for there kids!? This lady is considering getting snakes which are way out of her and her son's league!

Old 08-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
hhmoore
Granted - she hasn't done much research (beyond window shopping); but she also mentioned a couple of options and asked if she was on the right track. Rather than point fingers and make a scene, you could have just sent her a PM with information that would have helped her make a good choice. I know it's more fun to ridicule the newbies....but is that really why we participate on forums?

Old 08-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
deborahbroadus
KILLJOY. LOL

Old 08-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
Mike554
I'm sorry Moore I wouldn't even help her get a Corn Snake since the most research she sounds like she did was a glance over a care sheet. Especially considering she isn't even trying to get or consider other easier snakes like Balls or Corns. Instead she is looking at big snakes. I don't like it when people buy any pet at an impulse. Especially reptiles which require specialized care compared to other pets.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
Wolfy-hound
She didn't buy a pet on impulse, she seems to be asking questions.

Too bad she wasn't born with all the info stuck into her head about various reptiles.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
Mike554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
She didn't buy a pet on impulse, she seems to be asking questions.

Too bad she wasn't born with all the info stuck into her head about various reptiles.
Thing is this is her first snake. If she did any research she would know that Balls and Corns are the begginer snakes not Rubbers,Sands, etc etc.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike554 View Post
Thing is this is her first snake. If she did any research she would know that Balls and Corns are the begginer snakes not Rubbers,Sands, etc etc.
And who exactly was it that made YOU the sheriff in these parts to go around TELLING people what they should or should not buy for themselves?

Old 08-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #8
Mike554
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
And who exactly was it that made YOU the sheriff in these parts to go around TELLING people what they should or should not buy for themselves?
No one. But when i see people who really are just buying eye candy without even thinking about the animal i get annoyed. But seriously would you let someone get a rhino iguana as there first reptile?

Old 08-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike554 View Post
No one. But when i see people who really are just buying eye candy without even thinking about the animal i get annoyed. But seriously would you let someone get a rhino iguana as there first reptile?
It's their money, their wish, and their mistake to make if they choose to do so without knowing exactly what they are getting into. You should run for Congress, as this is exactly the sort of attitude they take about our freedoms. THEY know what is best for US.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #10
Mike554
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
It's their money, their wish, and their mistake to make if they choose to do so without knowing exactly what they are getting into. You should run for Congress, as this is exactly the sort of attitude they take about our freedoms. THEY know what is best for US.
To be honest i'm not thinking of myself i'm thinking of the snake here. It could likly not be kept the right way which in turn would kill it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!