IMPULSE BUY ON FAUNA!? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike554 View Post
To be honest i'm not thinking of myself i'm thinking of the snake here. It could likly not be kept the right way which in turn would kill it.
You will make a GREAT politician.....

Old 08-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
Mike554
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
You will make a GREAT politician.....
Great job actually trying to keep a conversation.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
right way
I guess you're the judge and jury on that, huh?

Old 08-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #14
RoadHouse of Retics
I think she is looking for some suggestions. She probably browsed snakes and found some that caught her eye. I think those that dont agree with what she wants should kindly tell her you don't recommend and maybe suggest something different. I remember when I was that age and my parents wouldn't let me have a snake. Lets all help the little fellow and give him a great Bday!!!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #15
Helenthereef
I've looked at the post, and I wouldn't classify it as an impulse buy - her son is 11 and has always wanted a snake and been interested in them, and now she's hoping to make his wish come true.

I just think she needs guiding into an easier species, she's probably looking at appearance rather than temperament at this stage. She's doing her research by making the post and we should answer her questions not criticise her for asking them.

Having said that I do take your point about impulse buys when they do happen - I'm sure there are a lot of snakes sold from pet shops because they are "pretty", which end up in unprepared homes.

I also think kudos to the OP are due for bringing this to the SOUND OFF forum (which after all is for expressing opinions) rather than attacking her in her thread.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #16
Mike554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I guess you're the judge and jury on that, huh?
By right way i meant a cage to small for it and inproper humidity.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #17
WebSlave
Quote:
Great job actually trying to keep a conversation.
I figured you already assume that you know everything about everything and are fully qualified to claim what other people are capable of doing with animals they wish to work with.

Politicians are a lot like that. They tend to take their opinions, no matter how lacking in knowledge of all the details, and then wish to make those opinions into laws that others are forced to follow. And certainly they can't imagine why everyone isn't just tickled pink to have someone else tell them what they are capable of doing.

Now if you have some sort of broad based experience with ALL animals in ALL situations with ALL people who would like to work with them, then please, by all means clue me in where you feel you have the right to tell other people what they are capable of doing with animals of their choosing.

Might an animal die? Certainly. But it might not. Even a corn snake can be mistreated and given insufficient care by an owner. Your argument sounds a lot like what HSUS would use as justification for their goal of removing ALL non domesticated animals from the pet trade.

There. Is that better?

Old 08-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #18
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
This lady is considering getting snakes which are way out of her and her son's league!
I finally found the post you are talking about, which of the snakes posted would you consider out of their 'league'? I'm just curious... all the ones mentioned seemed to be nice, small, good first time snakes. It's not like she was asking about getting a retic or something, unless I missed that?

Old 08-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #19
Mike554
Web-Much you voiced your opinion and it make sense. Now while i'm not an expert far from it I work part time at an Anmal Shleter and we have to turn down Reps all the time due to us not having the space but most of the time they are big snakes and large lizards which where bought because they "looked cool" or was "gorgeous". So when I see a possible situation like that i get annoyed. I admit i was peeved when I left her the VM and when I made this thread but i've cooled down enough.

April-The only species i could see possbly being a good starter snake for a 11 year old is the Kenyan but even that requires some difficult heating.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #20
RoadHouse of Retics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I finally found the post you are talking about, which of the snakes posted would you consider out of their 'league'? I'm just curious... all the ones mentioned seemed to be nice, small, good first time snakes. It's not like she was asking about getting a retic or something, unless I missed that?

Had to throw the retic under the bus!! Lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!