IMPULSE BUY ON FAUNA!? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #31
ShortStack
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepLover1022 View Post
I think tree boas and Burmese python are very "cool" looking bu not dumb enough to get one as my first snake. It's not a puppy or kitty. These are the kind of people who get beautiful animals who are then malnutritioned and abused or thrown into the local lake. Laugh, but it happens.
What does this have to do with anything? You don't think people make impulse buys on dogs and cats and then realize they don't want them and leave them to starve? Guess what, it happens. This type of thing isn't just common in the reptile community. People buy all kinds of animals and then realize they don't want them/can't care for them.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #32
RepLover1022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStack View Post
What does this have to do with anything? You don't think people make impulse buys on dogs and cats and then realize they don't want them and leave them to starve? Guess what, it happens. This type of thing isn't just common in the reptile community. People buy all kinds of animals and then realize they don't want them/can't care for them.
Exactly. People do it all the time. Impulse buy. And then they dump the animals... The puppy and kitty quote was to the fact that its a little easier to find homes for these animals and sometimes cheaper to maintain than a 15 ft python.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #33
Lucille
Courtney,

Do you, by chance, belong to PETA?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #34
Mike554
Quote:
I hope this link works, but if not, my apologies-

Ladies and gentlemen, what kind of snake do you see here?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Our good pal Mike here would tell you it's a BP. More than once, in fact. At least that's what he did in chat when this picture was posted. Now, are we really going to let him be the judge and jury on if someone is making the right choices on buying an animal? I have never claimed to be the most knowledgeable person around, but even I know this is NOT a ball python. If he's going to be pointing fingers on people needing to do their research, maybe he should do some himself before he buys a baby "bp" such as this.

I also have to agree- Who is to say what a good first time animal is, regardless of what it is? Whether it's a dog, snake, bird, or whatever, if the proper research is done, anything can be a great first time animal. Sadly many people don't do the appropriate amount of research, but that then becomes up to the seller to be responsible enough to decide if someone is capable of properly caring for an animal. If the seller is just out to make money, then they will sell to any Joe Blow on the street with the cash. But, if they are truly concerned with the well being of the animal, then they will take the time to talk to the potential buyer and find out what they know about keeping that particular animal.
Great job keeping it civil. Thats outright flaming.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #35
ShortStack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike554 View Post
Personally, I think that's the pot calling the kettle black.

You're fine coming here and "sounding off" about someone else, but let it happen to you and I'm flaming?

Old 08-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #36
RepLover1022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Courtney,

Do you, by chance, belong to PETA?
Uh, no.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #37
Mike554
Quote:
Personally, I think that's the pot calling the kettle black.

You're fine coming here and "sounding off" about someone else, but let it happen to you and I'm flaming?
"Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here." That is the Sound Off description. People have ranted about people on here as well. Meanwhile you came in and flamed me.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #38
hhmoore
Quote:
Seeing that (and the fact that he reported it) made me think of an old thread started by Junkyard (Michael Shelton). Interested parties can check it out here

Old 08-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #39
ShortStack
Quote:
"Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here." That is the Sound Off description. People have ranted about people on here as well. Meanwhile you came in and flamed me.
Please explain to me how my rant was any different than you ranting? At least you are here to defend yourself, whereas the person YOU are ranting about, can't do the same.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #40
ShortStack
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Seeing that (and the fact that he reported it) made me think of an old thread started by Junkyard (Michael Shelton). Interested parties can check it out here
Haaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahhahahaha.

Okay, I'm done.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry.. Now I'm done.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!