For Sale Confused Flour Beetle Media and Starter Cultures - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
MauricesExoticPets
Confused Flour Beetle Media and Starter Cultures

This media is designed to improve the nutritional value of confused flour beetle larva, and is far superior to any flour only media you may be using now.

This media will support all life stages of the confused flour beetle, and is not to be considered a gut load in the strictest since of the term. It is my policy not to label a diet gut load if it contains less than 8% useable calcium.

The media is finely ground to ease larva removal. I will include instructions on how to best remove the larva for feeding with your order.

Bran and its associated phytic acid content is reduced by using just 8oz of whole wheat per pound as the base of this media. Phytic acid is a nutrient chelating component found mainly in the bran.

The remainder of this Media is dedicated to providing vitamins and nutrients not available or not well represented in whole wheat.

Confused flour beetle larvae are very small feeders that are accepted by a number of small reptiles and amphibians including dart frogs.

When fed on just wheat flour confused flour beetle larva are not exactly the most nutrient rich feeder. But ...

When fed my Confused Flour Beetle Media you can be assured that the larva are always ready to feed and filled with high quality nutrients.

I will provide a nutrient data sheet along with the media, the information is based on data sourced from the USDA nutrient database, ingredient and my formulation. Each ingredient is measured to the nearest 1/10oz, so the information I provide you is for informational purposes only and represented to the best of my ability.

WARNING: This media contains Wheat, Soy, and Milk, if you are allergic to any of these ingredient please contact me for an alternative media that does not contain these ingredients.

$2.00 per lb + shipping if required

The image is of one of our 8oz starter cultures, the media comes bagged and really is that color.

I have a 5 starter cultures of the Confused Flour Beetles ready to go at the moment, they are on fresh media and contain mostly just morphed beetles some larvae, and possibly a few pupae (they are morphing into beetles daily so there may not be that many of them).

A 3 month breeding cycle is slow enough that you will not get over run with excessive numbers of this feeder. Let them go for 6 months and you'll have a great standby feeder in the event your fruit fly cultures crash.

The great thing about confused flour beetles is that they are a zero care breeder, drop them in the media and forget them, no watering, no daily feeding, nothing. Just allow them to do their thing and thats it, easy.

$3.00 per 8oz starter culture + shipping if required

Thank you for looking.

Maurice Pudlo
Maurice's Exotic Pets
Louisville KY, 40214-1202
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
MauricesExoticPets
I should add the following;

Case of 18 lbs shipped anywhere in the USA for $49.50.

If you are interested in taking a look at the nutrient profile prior to making a purchace feel free to email me at MauricesExoticPets@gmail.com and I will be happy to provide you with that information as well as some on using the confused flour beetle larva as a feeder.

Thank you for looking.

Maurice Pudlo
Maurice's Exotic Pets
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
MauricesExoticPets
I have added Starter Cultures of confused flour beetles to the original post.

I feed these to my mourning geckos, green anoles, and house geckos on a weekly basis. They are also accepted by dart frogs, and a number of small hatchling lizards I have worked with in the past.

Thank you for looking.

Maurice Pudlo
Maurice's Exotic Pets
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread