Vision 1756 ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
Mike P.
Vision 1756 ?

If you have the vision 1756 model, how long are your side guides, and how many holes are in them - The ones sent with my rack are only 6 inches long with 2 holes, when it appears they should be around 10 inches long with 3 holes - also I was only sent 20 of these guides, when it takes 40 - there is also about one inch of play between the tubs top lip, and the guides - Was I sent the wrong guides ?

Thanks for your help

Old 02-29-2008, 07:29 AM   #2
hhmoore
I didn't even bother installing them, but a guide doesn't have to be the full length of the rack....if the tub is held straight for the length of the passage created, it isn't going to go crooked when the end goes through (the position/course is held true by the existing guides.
I may have thrown them out in a recent cleaning fit - spasm may be a more applicable term - but if I can find them, and you want them, you are welcome to them.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
Mike P.
Thanks Harald - It will work as is, but I was just curious if I was even sent the right ones and the correct amount - I will e-mail vision to see what they say...

Old 02-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
hhmoore
I'm not sure if I got 10 or 20 with mine...I think it was 10 each. As back stops, they left the tub too far forward, so it minimized the heat area.
You've got me curious now - I'm going to go look for them

Old 02-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #5
hhmoore
From your description, I think you got the backstops for the 1754 rack. The stops are the only difference between the two racks (the '54 is for 15 qt, the '56 for 32 qt - same rack, but the tubs go in from different sides).
I bought the 1756s, but utilize them for both sized tubs (which is the other reason I didn't put them on...I have switched back and forth with tub sizes).
The back stops I received - 10 per rack - are about 14 inches long and have 4 holes.
Like I said, if you want them, they're yours...you might have to come up with the pins though, I didn't see them (though I didn't even open the one pack, so those should be there).

Old 02-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #6
Mike P.
The backstops I received are the same - 14" long with 4 holes that line up with the 4 holes on the shelf - If the same were to hold true for the side guides, they should be around 10" long with 3 holes - the holes still line up though, so the ones I was sent can still be used - looking at the shelf layout, it appears that there should be 4 guides per level, but I only received enough for two per level, and I as well was thinking that the ones I was sent go to the 1754.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
hhmoore
Guess you got more stuff than I did, lol. I only got the one package per rack.

If you have 20 of them, that seems quite sufficient - put them on the front part of the rack. by the time you get to the middle upright, half the tub is held straight. The only real chance to go crooked is before those uprights.

Let me know what Vision says...I'm curious now.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:33 AM   #8
Mike P.
I've already put them on the back of the rack lol - Do your 1754's fit right in your 1756 ? - I don't have any 1754's around to check - Perhaps they are only supposed to go on one side so you can switch tubs without having to move the guides - This is the part they left out of the assembly instructions - what their idea was in placement of these.

When I hear back from them, I'll post up what they say...

Old 02-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #9
hhmoore
Yes, they fit right in - same basic idea as the AP model where you can use either tub.
I have both racks side-by-side, oriented with the short side (the back, for the 32 qt bins) against the wall. The one to the left is designated to 32 qt tubs, as I have no access to the long side of it, but the on the right is open on the front and side, and 8/10 shelves have the 15 qt tubs right now.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #10
AncientDNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
From your description, I think you got the backstops for the 1754 rack. The stops are the only difference between the two racks (the '54 is for 15 qt, the '56 for 32 qt - same rack, but the tubs go in from different sides).
I bought the 1756s, but utilize them for both sized tubs (which is the other reason I didn't put them on...I have switched back and forth with tub sizes).
The back stops I received - 10 per rack - are about 14 inches long and have 4 holes.
Like I said, if you want them, they're yours...you might have to come up with the pins though, I didn't see them (though I didn't even open the one pack, so those should be there).

That was my first thought too when I started reading this thread...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!