Why do people....... More..... - Page 26 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-26-2005, 09:20 AM   #251
montezuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerofdoom
Well gene, It would also be a shame for creationism to be disproven.
For one I have never said I believe in creation... have I?
Quote:
The church will always stop any truths from being told and acknowledged, because the church depends on the tax breaks and goverment money to keep running.
Second, If you read back.... I don't attend church (and I am not Catholic!)
Quote:
Heck, most of you forget why the lutheran church was even founded. It's because the roman catholic church would make you Repent for your sins in GOLD. Martin luther dis-liked the greed the old world church was all about and formed his own "free" churches. Don't believe me? look up why did martin luther founded the lutheran church.
YOU GOT SOMETHING RIGHT!!!
Quote:
I have one question for you creationist.
don't you mean creationists?
Quote:
ALL i have to ask is where is proof that creation happened?
For CREATION to be acurate, Remind you, We have to be only days older than the world itself. The world is over 3.8 billion years old, homo sapiens have only been dated as far back as 150,000 years ago. Africanus (upright walking ape) Goes back 6 million years ago while homo erectus is 1.5+ million years old. There is a clear pattern to this.
Geez... are we gonna have this AGAIN????? Being redundant (and adding things you seem to find in a book or online) isn't gonna change the the facts! But I will take the time to lay out some other info you seem to be unaware of, after this I am done because it seems this will go nowhere and I have better things to do with my time!
Are you aware of the fact that Astronomers have proof that the universe came from one specific location? Every star, planet, black hole.. you name it was "thrust" to where it is right now.
You mentioned the fact that there was a point in time prior to dinosaurs that the air was too thin to support life. Using the theory of creation (notice I still call it a theory also?), you see time on OUR timetable. Are days 24 hours long on Saturn? Do you think it is possible that when the Earth was created it may have taken several hundred if not thousands or millions of Earth years? Its pretty selfish to think everything runs on our timetable.
Good luck with believing all those scientists... because you know they won't ever lie to you! LOL

Old 02-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #252
Ssthisto
Quote:
Originally Posted by montezuma
Using the theory of creation (notice I still call it a theory also?),
Ummm, 'creation' is not a -theory-. The word theory means something VERY specific, scientifically speaking - from Dictionary.com:

Quote:
the·o·ry ( P ) Pronunciation Key (th-r, thîr)
n. pl. the·o·ries
A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
It doesn't mean
Quote:
guess ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gs)
v. guessed, guess·ing, guess·es
v. tr.
To predict (a result or an event) without sufficient information.
To assume, presume, or assert (a fact) without sufficient information.
OR
Quote:
belief ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-lf)
n.
The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.
Nor does it mean
Quote:
hypothesis ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pth-ss)
n. pl. hy·poth·e·ses (-sz)
A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation.
Something taken to be true for the purpose of argument or investigation; an assumption.
Which is what most people appear to THINK 'theory' means.

Creation (A 'belief') does not:
Explain a group of facts or phenomena - in fact, creation DENIES a number of verifiable facts or phenomena.
Is not testable in any sense - its ideas cannot be verified by independent researchers.
Cannot be used to make predictions.
Is only accepted by members of specific religions.

I don't know how anyone who has seen a member of the progenitor species of Canis lupus familiaris (Which does still exist on this planet, as it is a viable population in its own right - though human encroachment on its territory and human predation due to conflict over who 'owns' the food sources is gradually changing this) can claim that 'evolution doesn't exist' - when it is quite clear that the idea that environmental pressures, whether applied by natural change in climate and terrain or applied by selective pressure via the medium of human beings, can and do cause change in a species.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:57 AM   #253
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Good luck with believing all those scientists... because you know they won't ever lie to you! LOL
I am through with the commenting to this as well, But i will make this comment.

Just because that you dont agree with something, you group scientist in a whole and call them all liars. Even though, the scientist help do alot more than you want to give them credit for. Lets think Sceintist are in the news for their breakthroughs in technoology, that better mankind everyday. Churches are in the news for their ---- ups (the whole molestation cover up comes to mind) You have acted like scientist have something to hide, when its the church who trembles at their knees, everytime they find something new.

Also people act like evolution is old, it was not even until darwin suggested it, did anyone really think different to where we came from.

When in the last 2,000 YEARS, Did the church do anything GOOD for all of mankind? NEVER. Scientist do though all the time in a thankless task, that they love doing.

The reason i mentioned the part in the bible, where god tells adam and eve where they can find gold. Was to show you when this stuff was pieced togather it was done by a MORE MODERN society, over first man and first woman. Where gold was a commodity, IT's been known in use for over 4,500 years, by egyptians. 2,500 years before christ was born.........

As i asked before, WHAT purpose would gold have been? Its not like adam or eve could have done anything with it.......

Quote:
Using the theory of creation (notice I still call it a theory also?), you see time on OUR timetable. Are days 24 hours long on Saturn? Do you think it is possible that when the Earth was created it may have taken several hundred if not thousands or millions of Earth years? Its pretty selfish to think everything runs on our timetable.
You know, it would be selfish, obviously you need to re-read creation then.
Quote:
Then God said, "Let there be light;" and there was light. And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.
Looks like thats how we determine earth days to us......
Quote:
And God said, "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years, and let them be lights in the dome of the sky to give light upon the earth." And it was so. God made the two great lights-the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night-and the stars. God set them in the dome of the sky to give light upon the earth, to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day.
Again, the Sun and the moon were not called planets or anything else. They simply reffered to a sun and a moon as 2 lights.... Again re-confirmation on how we count earth days.

I guess i must have been wrong. You did realize the reason that the church calls god "almighty" right? It's all because they claim he created all we see before us in a 7 day span...

BUT again to believe in creation is to believe we are inbreeds. if one man and woman was all that popluated earth. Their kids would have to mate to bring a new generation and so on. They would also have to mate in mass numbers if they wanted to use that gold and onyx, god told them about.....

Old 02-26-2005, 11:03 AM   #254
riverjop
Sorry Gene, it took so long to get those test results back on that tooth you sent me! (hows your mouth anyway, any swelling?) Anyway this is what they came up with!

So back to Adam & Eve, If Adam And Eve were the first & only two people on the planet, Please explain to me all the different people ......say....China! Mongolia....Africa...Australia.....Europe? There's Whites, Blacks, Browns Yellows, pygmys, headhunters, aborigines, Indians....ETC......
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2005, 11:13 AM   #255
Bringerofdoom
My point exactly overton.

Again this is why whiteman killed indians and enslaved the blacks and opressed every other race in its laste 2,000 years. If you look at middle of the century art, Jesus and the virgin mary are white in alot of them. Thus, confirming more about our mis-information.

Old 02-26-2005, 11:49 AM   #256
Bringerofdoom
One more thing, If man did indeed originate in the middle east as claimed god.... Then why can't the palentologist find proof of a migratory path from eden? These are not scientist remind you, but people who dig up bones.
There is a obvious migratory path in africa to every where else in the easter world

They figured this out with carbon dating.

Oh again if evolution is not real, please explain these Link one Link two
Anyone care to think where chimps would be be if oliver mated? He probably would have helped them evolve more, as to be constantly walking all the time shows more evolved hip, like what seperates walking man from ape......

Old 02-26-2005, 02:32 PM   #257
Golden Gate Geckos
time

Quote:
I guess i must have been wrong. You did realize the reason that the church calls god "almighty" right? It's all because they claim he created all we see before us in a 7 day span...
It also says in 2 Peter 3:8 that "With the Lord, a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." Since God is the alpha and the omega (infinite), there can be no measurement of time. Since God has always been and always will be, time and space are meaningless. In otherwords, the Biblical concept of the 7-day creation can only be a metaphor. IMO, who/whatever created the Universe IS Almighty! Also, do not confuse "the church" with Christianity as a whole. The Church denotes the Church of Rome.

Old 02-26-2005, 03:16 PM   #258
StinaUIUC
and still no creationist is answering my question...someone please explain to me why if there is no evolution that we have a genetic code that allows for it....

As far as proof of evolution existing...lets take a look at foxes for a moment...there was a man awhile back ...years ago actually...trying to do something with foxes (I don't remember exactly what) that included breeding them in captivity. After only a few years, traits that had NEVER been seen before in foxes started showing up...unusual colors, spotting patterns, changes in temperament (i.e. getting more tame)....this PROOF of evolution right before our very eyes...also look at our little leopard gecko friends...take a bunch of geckos that have a lineage that goes as far back in captivity as possible and compare them to a group of wild leos...I bet there is a marked difference in size, markings, maybe even some physiological differences. Look at domestic dogs...does the bible say anything about pugs and miniature poodles and great danes and chinese cresteds?....no, because they didn't exist....they "evolved" in human care. Dogs are all technically of the same species, along with wolves, but the differences in their forms and functions is marked....its evolution at work.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #259
Bringerofdoom
Marcia, the key term is "like" not IS. There is billions of years before us humans stepped onto this vast world. Not thousands, even. Cause even according to that, god would have created everything in a 7,000 year span.

Like i said before, the greeks believed in gods and other responsible for rains, thunder and other phenenom at the time. That no one could explain on how it worked, in those times either. The futher in time you look the more bizarre and unrealistic the stories of those times gets.

What had NOT happened in the last 1,000 years after christ died..
The fact that no other man has been able to "part" a vast body of water, such as the red sea.
No one else can "walk" on water.
The "virgin" mary. What real proof was there that she was a virgin? Even so, it could have been considered something else in modern times. People Have seen this occur in snakes in rare occasions. A Female that never seen a male in its life laying fertile eggs, that hatch into live young. For the virgin mary to magically become pregnant, jesus would have the exact same dna as only mary and would be technically a clone....

Since you yourself marcia said "God is the alpha and the omega (infinite)" Therefore, he is incapable of possesing his own unique human dna. To me your answer, is a generic answer. The reason begin is that its vauge, it covers every possible base imaginable. So, That people just get confused and
shut up about it.

I still wonder why no one can answer why that little book of all these people communicating with god, never mentioned this large continent over here....... covered all the eastern lands if i recall and it was not like North and south america sprang up in the last 2,000 years......

IT's being proven that the South Americans Were possibly Early egyptians who had mastered boats, which is shown to have been used also in egyptian times. The old orginal step pyramid in the oldest part of giza, is like the step pyramids in southern america. There is also belief, that maybe they learned how to fly... This explains the art only visable from way up. A Group of people recreated a hot air balloon, using nothing but a campfire and animal skins for a balloon. Both Of these groups of people, believed in gods in the "heavens" too...

Creationist all the time talk about "Show us proof of evolution!" when proof is found in the grounds millions of years before we decided to slap highrise apartment complexes over them and charge 2,000$ a room for them.

When can any creationist prove anything, thats sounds like a tall tale, thats found in the bible? They cant every time its asked, "The book should be considered proof itself".

Does anyone else recall when the bible was actaully re-written from the gospel so that it could be translated into other languages? No one can..... The greeks translated it from the gospels, They even had a hard time translating it from the gospels. Here fell the common belief that christ was white and spoke latin. Even now there is debate over the language, but more people are finding out that aramaic was the language of jesus. Which is really odd if you ask me, With all this suposed documentation and everything else. Jesus's color was never known, nor was the language in which he spoke. Even now people are debating and arguing over these facts........

Evolution, i know will be proven in our human lifetime. This is not a belief of mine, this is a prediction. Science all the time is finding out how we came to and will use this on mars. There is the theory on how the oxygen levels, rose enough to bring in this generation of life. Metorite Crashes, splitting the continents the resulting sulfer oxygenated the air and evolution repeated itself once again. There is tons of proof that certain animals surivived the dinosaur period. Tons of deep sea bactera date way back too.

As, i said before i'm done debating this, People will always believe in what they want to belive.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:56 PM   #260
Golden Gate Geckos
ok...

Apparently, you have not read all of my posts on this thread's 'evolved' subject. You will not see anywhere that I stated that I do not believe in evolution! There is no way that the Universe could have been created in seven 24-hour days. I said that since God has always been, and always will be, time has no meaning! If something is infinite, it has no beginning or end, and therefore time and space cannot be measured. I said that I do not believe that we evolved from apes, but so far I am not satisfied with what we have been able to come up with scientifically to prove or disprove our link. I have said that the Bible was written by people that had a limited understanding of science, and is incomplete. I do not believe that the universe was created by accident because it is too mathematically perfect to have happend by random chance. If the universe was 'created' by a couple of sub-atomic particles colliding, then how were those particles created?

I believe in the "Big Bang" theory... I just believe that God did the 'banging!!!'

I am a Creationsist that happens to also believe in Evolution.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!