Florida Kings, fair price? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-18-2003, 04:49 PM   #1
Sybella
Florida Kings, fair price?

My Florida Kings blessed me with a clutch on Oct 10th and all 8 have hatched. As soon as they all eat, 6 of them will be for sale but I'm not sure how much to ask. They're normals and have good dispositions. What is a fair price? Wholesale and retail, please?

Old 12-18-2003, 08:57 PM   #2
DEWLAP 25
Sybella,
I think you should sell them for what you think they are worth.But don't go over board.I mean cheak to see what other people are selling them for And if that is reasonable then sell them for that price or not I have a few snakes that I am kepping becouse I feel that I will not get what I want for them.But that is me.Wholesale you will not really get that much for them maybe $15.00 ea.And that is on the high side.remember wholesale buys them from you then resells them to maybe stores or other people then they resell them. So I mean there really is not a set price for them what ever you think they are worth to you . Hope this helps out

Alan Pittsley

Old 12-19-2003, 02:00 AM   #3
Sybella
Quote:
I mean check to see what other people are selling them for And if that is reasonable then sell them for that price
LOL! This is why I was asking here...to see what other people were selling them for, what they thought they were worth.

My instinct on these is that retail, they are only worth about $50 and wholesale, meaning "to the petshop" price, is $25. Isn't $15 a wc/importer's price?

Old 12-19-2003, 04:02 PM   #4
Dennis Gulla
Kingsnakes are native to North America, so they would not be imported.

If you sell them individually over the net you may get $30-$35 a piece for them. If you sell the whole clutch to a wholesaler you may get $15 a piece and I stress MAY. Probably not what you wanted to here, but that is the reality of it.

Good luck.

Old 12-19-2003, 04:33 PM   #5
Sybella
I didn't ask because I wanted to only hear what I wanted! LOL! I knew they were low dollar snakes when I got them. It's ok. Thank you for your opinion.

You're right that they wouldn't be imported...I was just thinking "in general," not specific to Florida Kings. I know there are importers that take lots/clutches from breeders in other states, not necessarily in other countries. "Imported" was a bad choice of words.

Does anyone else have any experience with Florida Kings?

The local reptile shop said they'd give me 20 bucks a piece for them. Should I take that?

Old 12-19-2003, 05:04 PM   #6
Dennis Gulla
I would! I'm sure your looking for other opinions, but if you can unload the whole clutch for $20 a piece......I'd take it. There is a lot involved if you want to sell them over the net. Extra time, expenses and aggrivation.

That is just my opinion.

Old 12-19-2003, 06:48 PM   #7
Sybella
Yes, of course. I've already bought, sold and traded several reptiles...just the stress of insulated boxes is almost enough to send me over the edge!! LOL!

Yeah, 20 a piece sounded nice to me too! They're getting close to their first shed and I'm crossing my fingers that they're all good eaters...then I can sell the bulk of them at once. That will be nice.

I really appreciate the sounding board, Dennis. Thank you!

Old 12-19-2003, 08:09 PM   #8
sschind
$20.00 bucks is all I would pay for Fl. kings as long as they were feeding. I'd take them up on the offer. I'm curious as to what they would sell them for.

Steve Schindler

Old 12-19-2003, 09:08 PM   #9
herpetological
We sell quite a few every year. The price is reasonable. I might ask 5.00 more since yours were produced out of season and they would have to get them shipped in otherwise. Wholesale we sell 50 lots for 8.00 but, again that's during hatchling season.

Old 12-20-2003, 12:13 PM   #10
diamondback1
$20.00 is more then a fair price for reguler Florida Kings. I would take the money and run!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!