Yummie Greens! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-17-2005, 08:48 PM   #1
dragonchick88
Talking Yummie Greens!

Can any of you guys give me a list of some greens besides kale that are really good for beardies? I feed mine kale, mustard greens, dandelion greens, brocolie accosionally and sometimes apples but what else is there that is for sure to give them good nutrition? Our local stores just suck because they barely have different things to choose from! :eatpointe

Old 10-17-2005, 09:22 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
http://home.comcast.net/%7Eholachapulin/Nutrition.html

Go there and find EVERYTHING you need to know about greens, fruits and other veggies!!!

Old 10-17-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
coyote
Nice, useful reference!

Quote:
Silkworm 1:2.4 63.8% unk unk 76% Contain an enzyme called serrapeptase, this has properties that make calcium absorption more efficient, can reduce inflammation, pain and best of all it can break down arterial plaque.
Based on this, we should all be eating more of these.

Old 10-17-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Nice, useful reference!
It is the best I have ever come across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Based on this, we should all be eating more of these.
Ummm,

Old 10-26-2005, 01:00 PM   #5
beastie
you might think about keeping the kale to a minimum, it can actually block calcium absorption... it's alright as a 'sometimes' addition...

the greens i typically use include

collards
mustard greens
turnip greens
dandelion greens
escarole
endive

and i mix in some dragon pellets too, he seems to like those... he eats the heck out of that mix of greens though, and he seems to like it better with a little vitamin supplement lightly sprinkled over part of it, but i only do that every few days...

bc

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!