want to buy a small boa.. what to get?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-11-2005, 04:06 AM   #1
TeBo
want to buy a small boa.. what to get??

I was at the store today, checkin' out Ball pythons as my first snake. While lookin' at the balls, I got a hold of a Red Tail Boa, and just loved it. I don't know if this is a special case, but the boa seemed to just want to jump on my hand, and never wanted to let go. This made me really like that python, except I can't keep something that would get that big. The guy at the store said Red Tail Boas (It just says red tail boa, not colombian or whatever.) grow as big as ball pythons, just a lot thicker. I was wondering, if there was any other species of boa that get to about the same size or smaller than a ball python. I live in an apartment, and can't have anything too big. any help would be great.

Old 03-11-2005, 06:02 AM   #2
DAND
Here is a link with some answers for you:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=65348

Old 03-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #3
snakebiteAZ1
Check out some

Hogg Island Boas or some of the other Island Boas, they usually stay smaller, and some bad a-- colors too!!!!

Old 03-13-2005, 03:22 AM   #4
TeBo
Gee.. I saw that hog Island boa, and it's beautiful. Kinda like a pastel Red-Tail. Only diff is, the hog ISlands are like 2 or 300 dollars more.. lol.. I'm in no hurry, so I'm definitely lookin' at my options first

Old 03-13-2005, 09:45 AM   #5
snakebiteAZ1
keep looking around

sometimes you can find them for around 150.00, I have a gravid female Hogg island, but it is going to be a few months yet... Good luck Mike L.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #6
TeBo
in relativity to girth, do island boas get thick like red-tails? or do they stay about as thick as a ball?

Old 03-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #7
The BoidSmith
Although a smaller species than the common boa constrictor, an adult female Hog Island boa will have more girth than an adult female ball. If you are not inclined to pick a certain sex, I would choose a male. They are usually smaller when adults.

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!