Genetic Snow X SHTCTB - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 03:27 PM   #171
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
Chris, can't you do the IP thing since you are a high level member?
I do believe I am supposed to have the ability but I am unaware how to access it. If you find out, let me know and I'll look for you.

Old 03-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #172
Bringerofdoom
Well i'm going to assume that jane doe is a vet, based upon her knowledge of amoebas. I Could be wrong about that.

Old 03-20-2005, 03:48 PM   #173
Chris@TSE
I could honestly care less who she is. If she was able to read she would plainly see that Dan Poe has already lied numerous times about his quarantine methods and the measures he took to seek medical assistance. Its proven, no doubt about it. He has contact emembers of this community in efforts to self medicate to save money.

He has $1200 to spend on an animal yet refuses to offer proper care?

He flat out lied about everything regarding his husbandry. His idea of quarantine is a matter of HOURS or seperating new animals in groups according to who produced them. I apologize profusely and cannot find any other way of saying this, he is simply braindead. I would not purchase from this individual even if he was the last remaining breeder on this earth.

Old 03-20-2005, 03:54 PM   #174
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfExotics
He has $1200 to spend on an animal yet refuses to offer proper care?

He flat out lied about everything regarding his husbandry. His idea of quarantine is a matter of HOURS or seperating new animals in groups according to who produced them. I apologize profusely and cannot find any other way of saying this, he is simply braindead. I would not purchase from this individual even if he was the last remaining breeder on this earth.
I can agree with that chris. To top it off he brags about his $30 an hour job too.

He's so much in the rush of trying to produce first (Probably to cut others out, at that) He's thrown the books of ethics and husbandry out the window, to "persue his dream"..... If his dream was to compeletly destroy a biz, before it even had started. Congrats to him, mission accomplished.

Old 03-20-2005, 03:57 PM   #175
Chris@TSE
Indeed. the only thing he accomplished was the complete and utter DESTRUCTION of whatever was left of his reputation. He has managed now to bring another one down with him as well, and it seems he went along willingly. What a shame.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:04 PM   #176
HERPCVT
Right,

As I stated before, if he did lie about taking him to the vet, than I agree that this was wrong. I have read the arguements and do not disagree with any of you. If he has lied about something, than be all means, the truth will be shown. I simply just wanted to state my medical knowledge on a certain subject and clear the air about the misconceptions.

Thank you eeveryone.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:31 PM   #177
Chris@TSE
thank you

Old 03-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #178
Hues1
Hey its just mites, hey its just ticks, hey its just tapeworms, hey its just pinworms, hey is just coccidia, hey its just amoebas.

Either way you look at it...I DONT WANT IT IN MY COLLECTION.

I've spent way too much time, energy, resources, and money to ensure I have a healthy and viable collection that I can be extremely proud of.

I had those specific Mack snows in my possesion since the first week of November...I didnt even ship a single one til late Decemeber, why? because I can be trusted to care about the health and collections of other people by ensuring that animals in my possesion and care are up to the standards I have in place for my collection. Can we say the same for poe ?

Can a lieing undermining person really be trusted to provide the adequate health care to the infected animals ? can a lieing undermining person be dependant on to provide healthy specimens that are parasitic free ?

Can a lieing undermining be trusted to not sell any animals until the parasitic problem has been disposed of?

you're missing the point, amoebas dont just up and walk away because you poliltely asked them too.

Can we trust that this specific person with the problem can be relied on to cure the problem ? thats the point.

Everyone here knows that its curable...but everyone here isnt stupid enough to believe that it just ups and walks away either. It is a time and energy consuming process to combat ANY TYPE of reptile parasite, amoebas can and may take up to months upon months to rectify and eliminate, then on top of that...theres the care of the reptile itself, making sure the animal is properly hydrated and its electrolyte levels are up and sufficient, tube feeding if its too weak and emaciated, keeping it from chilling, constantly checking on its progess...etc. For you to say just treat it with flagyl/metronizadole is as bad as saying just take a tylenol and call me in the morning.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #179
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hues1
Everyone here knows that its curable...but everyone here isnt stupid enough to believe that it just ups and walks away either. It is a time and energy consuming process to combat ANY TYPE of reptile parasite, amoebas can and may take up to months upon months to rectify and eliminate, then on top of that...theres the care of the reptile itself, making sure the animal is properly hydrated and its electrolyte levels are up and sufficient, tube feeding if its too weak and emaciated, keeping it from chilling, constantly checking on its progess...etc. For you to say just treat it with flagyl/metronizadole is as bad as saying just take a tylenol and call me in the morning.
NOW that sounds like an educated answer that can be trusted!!!

Old 03-20-2005, 05:26 PM   #180
Golden Gate Geckos
yeah, right...

Quote:
Well i'm going to assume that jane doe is a vet, based upon her knowledge of amoebas. I Could be wrong about that.
Well, Im going to ASSume that Jane Doe is a TROLL, and nothing else. Someone with those credentials would not be unwilling to provide thier full name, not to mention all the spelling a grammatical errors in the posts. Anonymous posters have absolutely no credibility in my eyes. Anyone with a copy of "Understanding Reptile Parasites" by Roger Klingenberg, DVM can read and quote information on parasitic infections. (Except Dan Poe... right, Dan?)

The fact of the matter is not just anyone's knowledge of parasites... it is the clear and blatant disrespect and disregard for this special gecko morph and those that have worked so hard to develop it, and the shameful lack of honesty, ethics, and integrity that is mandatory in this reptile community. I have a very difficult time trying to conceive that someone is more concerned about producing potentially valuable offspring than the health and lives of the animals themselves... theirs or anyone elses.

Chris and Alex, you have my complete support. Thank you for digging below the surface to help enlighten the rest of us.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread