Wanted praying mantis - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > Insects and Arachnids For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Insects and Arachnids For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
petoupia1967
Stop! praying mantis

hello i am looking for a couple of praying mantis. i had one for 3 years and i just love them.looking to buy one or more of them,even egg cases if anyone has any or knows where i can get them please let me know?

thanks,cliff........................
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
SamanthaL
We have seen the adults available on ebay recently. This year the insect and oothecae are quite difficult to acquire in North America, and if you can find an egg case, they are $30+ each. This compared to past years when we've purchased the egg cases in quantities of 50 for about $25.

Apparently in an early frost last fall, many female mantids died before they were able to secrete their ootheca, especially in northern areas of the US and Canada. Then with the 2010 early spring temperatures, many nymphs emerged before their oothecae were collected to be sold.

Good luck!
Sam

Old 06-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
RickNC
What exactly are you looking for? I have L3 Gongylus gongylodes available now. Also have ootheca of Gonatista Grisea.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!