lol read this, this guy thinks he is sneaky. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-28-2004, 06:50 PM   #1
apbt21
lol read this, this guy thinks he is sneaky.

Ok first off, I had my truck posted on the internet for sale and here is his emails.

hello seller,
i came accross your advert on the web and would like to let you know that am interested in the purchase.am interested in buying your 1986 Ford Ranger Xlt 1986 and i will like to know the amount is going for, i mean the least it can go for maybe it's negotiable,i also want to bring to your notice that, i want to buy it from you as soon as possible and do not bother about the shipping as i have a reputable shipper who will come to your location for the pick up as soon as the payment has been settled. and finally how is the payment term is going to be because am willing to pay through certified cashier cheque,. in your reply,i think it will be more better if you can forward me the detail address information of where the payment is to be sent with a contact phone number for more proper discussion as regards the purchase from you .i will like you to get back to me as soon as possible.
Waiting to read from you.
Terry....

Thanks for your response,am okay with price as far is in good condition,i will be paying you with certified cashier's check which i will immediately instruct my associate to issue a certified cashier's check worth of $6,500 which you will just deduct your asking price and send the rest of the money to the shipping company as soon as you recieve the certified cashier's check.
Kindly let me know if can count on you to send the rest of the money to the shipping company as soon as you recieve the certified cashier's check.
I will also want you to email me your full name that the certified cashier's check will be drawn on,the full address where you can recieve the certified cashier's check and your house,cell and office phone number for fast communication.
Am waiting to read from you if i can count on you to send the rest of the money to the shipping company as soon as you recieve the certified cashier's check.
John.

Thanks for the understand,am presently on a business trip and that is why i will have to instruct my associate to send the sum $6,500 to you so that you can be able to send the rest of the money to the shipping company on my behalf.
The shipping company are presently in the states now and they will get to you for the pickup as soon as you recieve the certified cashier's check.Kindly let me know if i can count on you to send the rest of the money to the shipping company as soon as you recieve the certfied cashier's check.
Waiting to read from you.
John.

Old 08-28-2004, 06:54 PM   #2
apbt21
Funny that his company will be right in my area when the check arrives. Not giving me time to let it clear. So I am going to have the police check into this guys company that he ships with. I think those emails say fraud all over them. And call the bank to see if there are actually the funds in there.

Old 08-29-2004, 04:48 AM   #3
BrianB
Yep, Nigerian Scam.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:29 PM   #4
DEWLAP 25
Definite scam I had someone do that to me a couple of years ago about some leopard geckos I had for sale. I went along with it and He really sent me a check I was asking I think $700.00 for it he really sent me a check for $3500.00 Told me to send the balance to him and he would arrange for me to send the money and gecko's to Florida were his guys would take care of the rest. I called the bank the money order was drawn at and sure enough it was fake as can be. Play along with him he will send you a check. Funny he kept writing me asking me if I got it. Well my two cents Have a good one

Alan

www.tongues-n-tails.com

Old 09-01-2004, 09:36 PM   #5
apbt21
yeah I am going with him. But now he stopped and another guy (same person diff email) is trying the same thing sept he slipped and said somethign about the 4000$ that i will give to the shipper, except thats what the last one said and the new one said he was only going to send 2500$. lol and he goese oops sorry i was thinking our currency.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!