JUNGLE ?? Please give opinion - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
Question JUNGLE ?? Please give opinion

This girl was very different then all the other het albino's i have.
I sent pics of a couple babies she gave me to another breeder that has been at it for about 20 years.He then asked me for pics of mom because he thought 1 of the sunglows was a jungle sunglow(i hoped not)sold them wholesale at $175 each.
So i sent pics of mom and he says it is a low expression jungle.
Can i get your opinion on her please?
Thank you
Rich
Attached Images
File Type: jpg het albino mom 005.jpg (228.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg het albino mom 012.jpg (231.6 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg het albino mom 016.jpg (239.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg het albino mom 003.jpg (213.4 KB, 57 views)

Old 07-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
allreptiles1966
3rd pic not her.sorry

Old 07-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
AbsoluteApril
mom looks like a normal to me, I don't see anything that would make me think jungle. Do you have any history on her? Photos of the entire litter?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
allreptiles1966
No history on mom and i have pics of the litter.
Here are a couple pictures April.
As you can figure out,i know nothing about jungles.I read and read and looked at lots of jungle pics and just dont get it when they are not high pattern.The normals seem to be easy,but when they are albino and sunglow i cannot tell.
Thank you
Rich
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby boa's 005.jpg (139.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg baby boa's 012.jpg (131.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg baby boa's 007.jpg (176.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg baby boa's 016.jpg (151.6 KB, 51 views)

Old 07-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
ShadowAceD
None of those animals appear to be Jungles to me. The offspring has some nice abberencies, but that is it.

Mom also appears to be a cross of some sort, which could attribute to the appearance of the saddles. Not for sure, just appears that way.

As for an explanation for Jungles without high patterns ...

Pattern is actually secondary in determining a Jungle, in all honestly. It is the color that is the most obvious indicator. Jungles have a color that just "POPS" as soon as you see it. They are often buckskin in color, show evidence of "two tone racing stripes" along the line of their body and have a cream color that overtakes their entire tail. They also tend to have their saddles outlined in thick black.

There are other markers, but those are the most important and none of those babies display them.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #6
allreptiles1966
Here is what my mentor has said about this boa...
That boa has the characters of a jungle. There are many identifiable characteristics in Jungle boas. Not every Jungle has every characteristic though. The number 1 most obvious characteristic is an aberrant pattern.Often extremely crazy striped or chain link type patterns exist. Also holes/circles can exist in the saddles pattern. This something I want you to look at OK!!!!! Look at the picture of the boa marked as kris daughter the saddles on this sunglow has tons of holes in the saddles. Normal sunglows do not carry this. Less aberrant Jungle Boas usually show some degree of this not always.Then you have a dark thin border around tail blotches often body saddles have darker borders as well not as defined as tail.There most often is a Lateral to Dorsal color difference.A creamy buck skin type color Dorsally is quite common. With a distinct line of color that changes laterally.Unusual Dorsal Line head marking can be split or almost arrow like in shape and appearance, often with little circle holes in that head spear.I've also always thought many baby Jungles appear to have an elongated head some what. Also jungle Boas tend to have missing saddle points. The two babies that you showed me the first two pictures shows all of these patterns. In my opinion and my many yrs of breeding she is a low expression Jungle and her offspring ended up also with this genetic. So as a friend I would not try to lead you to believe you have something and not tell you the truth.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
allreptiles1966
another pic.This is the labeled "chris daughter he is talking about.This was a 1 eyed bugger.Culled
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chris daughters sunglow 002.jpg (109.8 KB, 39 views)

Old 07-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
ShadowAceD
I disagree with your mentor, but that is my opinion.

The only way to prove if the female is a Jungle is to breed it to another Jungle. If you produce Supers, there you go, if you do not, it is not a Jungle.

Regardless, not knowing the background of the animal and with abberencies really being the only trait the female shows, I still do not think she is a Jungle, and they cannot be claimed as Jungles, not even possible Jungles.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
allreptiles1966
I already am getting a jungle from my mentor.He wants to get in on this but knows april and doesnt want to be kicked off.
this boa is not a normal looking columbian boa het albino!Even i know that she is different looking.
I would like to know how long all have been at breeding jungles?
Thanks,

Old 07-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
hhmoore
If he wants to get in on the conversation, he should....there are relatively few reasons that one would get kicked off for simply participating in a discussion.

You asked for opinions - which you received, with explanations. You are certainly not required to accept them; but why argue with them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!