Water, calcium, vitamins, and bears - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-18-2004, 09:45 PM   #1
geckosurfer
Water, calcium, vitamins, and bears

Well, no bears, but I was curious about personal preferences. Tonight I was browsing through the old Leopard Gecko posts and was curious as to what you felt was the best. I suppose I could do a poll, but I'm not sure of all the variables to include. I'm sure this is an OT, but as my question is soley for Leo's, I thought I'd toss in this ring.

What do you use as water? Tap, distilled, bottled, spring, fizzy, gatorade? I read about all the preservatives in tap water for humans that can kill the average black mamba and how we shouldn't use it for our reptiles, but I was wondering if people actually buy the over the counter stuff that promises to eliminate all the anti-reptile chemicles.

RepCal seems to be a common calcium supplement, but do other's have better luck or recommend a different type? What about vitamins?

What type of substrate should I ***oops*** sorry. I know that question.

Thanks in advance!
Julie

Old 08-18-2004, 10:34 PM   #2
Jeremy Letkey
I have been using Minerall I for about a year and a half. I use Herpetitive multi vitamin about once every week or two. I use plain old tap water. This seems to be working well for me.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:38 PM   #3
Xelda
I use Minerall-I and Herptivite too. Same regimen as Jeremy. And filtered water for their humid hides and drinking water.

Old 08-19-2004, 02:21 AM   #4
riverjop
We have awsome water (well water)....so no problems there! And I use Rep Cal Calcium w/Vit D

Oh...and I add two drops of Exo Terra Electrolize to the water bottle.

Old 08-19-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
ditto

... same as Jeremy and Olivia.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!