Hard freeze coming-how's your weather? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-24-2022, 12:25 PM   #11
WebSlave
Got down to 19.8 overnight. Just now barely got over freezing at 32.4. Oops, I just looked at it again and it is back down to 32.0 degrees. Probably won't even reach 40 degrees today. Heck, might not even get above 35. Then more of the same for tonight and tomorrow night.

No sense uncovering anything, but I will be going around shutting off the faucets that have been running water overnight. Just have to remember to turn them on again before the temp drops below freezing again.

Honestly, I don't want to go outside at all this weekend.

Old 12-24-2022, 05:53 PM   #12
Lucille
No Clementine is the sweetest dog, she has never been a bad doggie (well unless you count her swiping a treat off the kitchen counter when my back was turned, that's how big she is) Clementine is just a pup, but she is a BIG pup. We are working on 'heel' but sometimes she pulls on the leash. The nose strap is part of a Halti headcollar, so if she tries to pull the leash there is an attachment under the nose strap which turns her head, which prevents her from pulling. Unlike a leash attached to a traditional collar it puts no pressure on her neck. It is very gentle, no yanking the leash like I see some people do.

Old 12-24-2022, 06:36 PM   #13
Lucille
Pups just need to be watched and trained, they don't normally do anything 'bad' for no reason.
There is a song by Screamin' Jay Hawkins 'I put a spell on you'. I sometimes sing the tune to Clementine, except I sing 'I got my eye on you, because you're mine'.

Old 12-24-2022, 06:59 PM   #14
WebSlave
The high temp here today only got to 37.8 degrees.

2022, PLEASE hit the road, Jack!!! And don't come back no mo'...

Old 12-25-2022, 11:43 AM   #15
WebSlave
Low temp of 19.2 degrees overnight. More of the same likely tonight.

Merry Chilly Christmas!

Old 12-25-2022, 07:03 PM   #16
Lucille
Had a wonderful above-freezing day, family came over, I cooked a bunch of food, they have gone home so I'm getting ready for the Christmas evening tradition of watching my favorite Christmas movie, Die Hard.

Old 12-26-2022, 03:50 AM   #17
WebSlave
Our favorite Christmas movie, by far, is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. We watch it on Christmas Eve night. Connie loves that movie and starts laughing when she knows a particularly funny part is coming up.

Normally we will start watching other Christmas movies a week or so before Christmas, but this year we didn't do that.

Old 12-26-2022, 03:53 AM   #18
WebSlave
Temperature at the weather station sensor I have out in front of the garage is now reading 21.0 degrees. I expect we are going to have a lot of leaf damage on those citrus trees after this. Three nights in a row of high teens temperatures is cruel and unusual punishment for them. I guess we will know in a bit whether we have lost any of the trees or not. That will really be a bummer. But it would be par for the course for the year 2022, it seems.

Old 12-26-2022, 06:30 AM   #19
bcr229
Fortunately the only damage for us will be to the electric bill as we've had to run supplemental heat in the snake areas to help keep them warm since the heat pump can't keep up when the temp drops below 20*F. Wish we had access to a natural gas hookup.

Old 12-26-2022, 08:52 AM   #20
Socratic Monologue
Is getting a propane tank an option? That's the standard where I live.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!