Just a quick question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-29-2005, 05:32 PM   #1
aafsotd
Just a quick question

I guess I should ask this here.
About how much is it to buy a 20gl long aquarium in a local pet store?
Thanks in Advance,
nick

Old 01-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
DAND
I believe they are running close to $30 for just the tank.

Old 01-30-2005, 01:23 AM   #3
The BoidSmith
Nick,

You may bargain a little depending on the intended use. Sometimes they will sell aquariums that have a slight leak for a little less. But in general I would agree that you can buy them for $20 to $30. There is a company that sells them for a dollar a gallon. It's great that you want to support your local pet store as WalMart would sell them for less ($10 for 10 gallons).

Regards.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:07 AM   #4
sschind
I sell my 10 gallon tanks for 10 bucks but that is the only one that comes out to a dollar a gallon. 5.5 and 2.5 gallon tanks actually cost more than the 10s. My 20Ls right now are $33.00 but I have heard that All Glass Aquarium just had their anual price increase and that may change. I am lucky though in that I live close by the all glass plant and one of my distributers gets all their factory seconds and rejects. These work great for reptiles and even aquariums many times, it is just that they are not guaranteed to hold water. the trouble is that most of these second come from people who are just training and they usually don't let them train on the better tanks (20L 40BR, etc) I can get tons or 10 gallon seconds but others can be hard to come by.
Some of the dollar a gallon places have tanks that simply suck as far a quality goes. The frames pull off easily, the silicone in the corner looks like it was put on with a scoop shovel. For the money I have yet to see a tank with the quality of an All Glass tank. The guy that was selling the tanks at Tinley Park. I think those tanks sucked. I know Perfecto tanks are cheaper but I don't like the appearance of their tanks or lids (more important with aquarims than reptile tanks though) I am sure there are many othe regional manufacturers as well that put out decent tanks but I don't have experience with many of them.

Steve Schindler

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!