Broken feeders and torn bags and no help from the place I got them - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-20-2003, 12:34 PM   #1
ajc
Broken feeders and torn bags and no help from the place I got them

I recently ordered frozen feeders from who is supposedly a very reliable company.

However, this time, they didn't ship my order for at least a week.

When I finally got them, there were about 4 bags (out of maybe 7-8 total) that were torn wide open, probably due to direct contact with dry ice? I don't know for sure though, because the dry ice was all gone when I opened the box.

The bad part is that about half of the feeders in those torn bags are missing limbs, tails, and even a couple of fuzzy rats were cracked wide open. The tails and limbs aren't too bad, but the smell/mess is nasty when you thaw out these cracked open ones. Needless to say, they don't make very good feeders.

And, the worst part is that I contacted them via email the day I got them (a full week ago) and have contacted them twice since then, with absolutely no reply.

I'm not posting the name of the company yet, but has anyone else had this trouble lately with an otherwise reputable company?

Old 01-20-2003, 06:00 PM   #2
WebSlave
In some respects, I should have left all the remaining replies here intact as a good example of how I DO NOT want a discussion to go on this board.

But be that as it may, I want EVERYONE to tone down their comments and ESPECIALLY get out of the habit of bashing someone about something they have said. Comments to guide them from their erroneous ways are perfectly OK, but anything that you feel requires you to raise your voice (figuratively speaking) does not belong here on this site. If you have a real problem with something, throw some facts at it or state your opinions, but I (and probably no one else here) do not want to see someone verbally attacked and abused by anyone.

There is way too much fire put into words here, and it has to stop. Your point is not made stronger by volume and attached expletives.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Old 01-20-2003, 06:09 PM   #3
Adam Block
Okay, I have to say I'm shocked that you deleted all those posts. I'm somewhat offended that I spendt the time to type it that I did only to have it deleted. While the conversation was off topic and out of line I think a warning may have been more in order then what you did.

I'm not going to say anything else as I'm sure you have your reasons but I know what it looks like to me and I'm sure many others.

Adam Block

PS I like this site because things like what just happend don't happen. It the case of the thread about Fred I think it was okay because you had 5 users telling you it shouldn't be there. In this case I didn't see it as a group decsion and I think the post said something about one of the users personality. You've yet to do me or anybody else I know of the favor of removing a post that made them sound like an idiot and I'm a little ticked you decided to do it for the person you did in all honesty.

Old 01-20-2003, 06:14 PM   #4
ajc
Adam,

I hear what you're saying, but I think he just wanted to start the thread over...and I really appreciate it, because I think my original question might be brought back into light.

All in all, I think his decision was fair, considering the man doesn't have all day to read through 30 silly replies to find 2 good ones.

The thread has been moved to the correct forum, Neil's rude and unwarranted attack on my intestinal fortitude is gone, and now the topic can be discussed without all that crap to skim through.

So what about those frozen feeders? LOL

Old 01-20-2003, 06:16 PM   #5
WebSlave
Adam,

I didn't do this for anyone but myself. Nothing after the original posting was worth keeping, in my own opinion, and quite frankly I'm getting tired of the jumping down each other's throats that I see here. This is a warning that it is going to end. I am not asking everyone to wear posies in their hair and make peace signs at everyone, but I think the vindictiveness, petty bickering, and being down right rude is in no one's best interests.

If anyone has a problem with my decisions to try to clean up this place, then by all means start up a new thread about it and let's discuss it. I get slammed no matter what the hell I do here, so let's get it all out in the open and talk about it.

Old 01-20-2003, 06:22 PM   #6
Kevin Kaley
I think Neil owes ajc an apology, not everbody is as familar with the Boi as Neil is, and to be attacked like he was, was not fair. He basically called him out, how did you expect ajc to respond.

Old 01-20-2003, 06:31 PM   #7
Seamus Haley
If the descision to delete it was made and can't be undone, wheather it's agreed with or not, bringing up the deleted posts defeats the entire reasoning behind the deletion.

Let it lie... just let it lie.

Old 01-20-2003, 06:34 PM   #8
Kevin Kaley
But the Webslave did the right thing by erasing all of that verbal sparring.

Old 01-20-2003, 06:40 PM   #9
Casey Hulse
feeder rats

To get back on subject.
We order frozen rats from Rodent pro and have never had a problem with our shipments. They are always packaged well with a lot of insulation and are frozen solid. Ocassionally there will be a broken tail or a break in a pinky but nothing like you describe. Plus they are great people to deal with, great communication before and after the sell.
Darla Hulse

Old 01-20-2003, 07:09 PM   #10
ajc
Re: feeder rats

Quote:
Originally posted by Casey Hulse
To get back on subject.
We order frozen rats from Rodent pro and have never had a problem with our shipments. They are always packaged well with a lot of insulation and are frozen solid. Ocassionally there will be a broken tail or a break in a pinky but nothing like you describe. Plus they are great people to deal with, great communication before and after the sell.
Darla Hulse
Again, I'm not going to say who I ordered from, because typically, I have had great luck with them. I'm just really stumped right now, and wanted to get some feedback before I say anything that might unduly damage anyone's reputation.

The occasional broken tail or limb is no biggie to me, but this entire shipment was a wreck, and I've been completely ignored for about 9-10 days now.

I'd venture to say that at least 70% of the rat fuzzies were missing at least one limb, and at least half of those had no tail or limbs at all, and some of those were split open at the abdomen.

There was even a small or medium rat that was missing a tail, which is something I've never seen before.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!