Need help with an id - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
bubblesd1234
Need help with an id

I adopted 2 cal kingsnake youngsters yesterday and was told they were between 4-5 months old and 1.1. Can anyone tell me what their color variation is?? I know they are albinos but I am not familar (any more) with much else. Been a while since I have owned snakes and missed them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, are there any books out with the color combinations, or a web site?? I tried searching but haven't been able to find anything.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
bubblesd1234
and the female has a solid yellow belly, if that makes a difference.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
TheFragginDragon
These just look like normal albino california kings to me (cute ones at that ), nothing more....if I remember correctly, the stripe pattern and the blotched pattern are codominant, so if the parents are one of each, then the resulting offspring would be a combination of both patterns showing up. Someone correct me though if I'm wrong.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
bubblesd1234
Thanks!! We really feel in love with their markings........them supposed male is really sweet and gentle and doesn't have a problem being held but the supposed female has LOTS of attitude and thinks she is a rattlesnake, lol......I think her and I will get along just fine

Old 12-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
evilcowboy420
::

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
These just look like normal albino california kings to me (cute ones at that ), nothing more....if I remember correctly, the stripe pattern and the blotched pattern are codominant, so if the parents are one of each, then the resulting offspring would be a combination of both patterns showing up. Someone correct me though if I'm wrong.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!