Lynn Peterson, Rich DelBono And myself..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #1
Zoo Supply
Lynn Peterson, Rich DelBono And myself.....

Well, Here goes a real screw up if I have ever seen one. I will try to answer every question you guys pose to me, but please be patient as I Don't have as much time to go through these as I used to.
Here is the story as I know it:
Rich Del Bono, a friend of mine aquired multiple animals from Lynn Peterson over the course of time. Some of these animals were sold as "Matrix Line" Guyana redtail boas. I have emails that were originally forwarded to me by Rich that originated from Lynn. I will post those later.
After Rich received those animals he sent some to me to sell for him.
I got a list of every type of animal and specifics about them.
The pair of animals that have been such a pain for me has been the pair of 100% het albino "Matrix line" Guyana Redtail boas.
These were given to me as I labeled them above. I asked Rich about them, he told me they came from Lynn Peterson. I put some ads online for all of these animals and after too long I got an email from Joel Dubay. I am gonna post this email as I feel it is relevant to the situation.

Return-path: <www@king5.kingsnake.com>
Envelope-to: Tom@zoologicalsupply.com
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:25:19 -0500
Tom, I was interested to see your ad for Guyana Matrix boas.
This is a term and lineage name I gave to my Guyana Bloodline years ago, and I am recognized for producing animals with this bloodline name and lineage.

To my knowledge, I have not sold animals to you from this bloodline, and so far no one have reproduced Matrix boas from any in my group. I was careful to research this name prior to adopting it, and would consider it a professional courtesy if you would discontinue the use of that name. The name is not trademarked (of course) but I can prove that I have been using this name , publicly for some time and again, would certainly, and kindly appreciate it if you would choose another name for the animals you are selling with this name.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

Joel DuBay

So Joel and I talked, I told him where they came from and he told me he never sold any of his animals to Lynn, he also told me he was gonna call lynn about this.

I will admit that at this point, I never suspected anything and even did not take the add off kingsnake because I didn't hear back from Joel.

Fast forward to Thursday evening. I get an instant message from an aquaintence telling me there is a thread complaining about me on the boa forums. That thread is here:
Boa Forum Thread
Basically Jeff Ronne was complaining about the name matrix and such......

So at this point I went online relatively upset and posted a reply to Jeff and the others.

I received another request to take the add offline from Joel and did so at this time, I felt there was sufficient evidence to take them off. Also at this point, I talked to Jeff Ronne on the phone.

Our conversation was very enlightening. Jeff told me that He had a Matrix boa that was procured from Joel Dubay. Joel Had stated to Jeff that Lynn denied ever having anything called matrix, and denied selling anything as matrix.

I am making Joel, Jeff, Lynn and Rich aware of this thread.

So at this point, I will ask Lynn to step up and try to sort this out. I will also post old emails with pictures sent from lynns email address to Rich, which were forwarded to me.

I have been in contact with Rich through this, he tells me he has a handwritten receipt from Lynn saying that they were in fact matrix. I will attach that once I receive it.
I hope I didn't leave too many holes here, I would very much appreciate lynn coming in here and shedding some light on this subject.
Hopefully it can be worked out amicably.

Tom

Old 02-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
Zoo Supply
Emails

To: "Richard Del Bono" <bigredtails@yahoo.com>
Subject: Fw: Guyana Matrix Male
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 15:17:18 -0600

Email header shows he was selling matrix animals.
TOM

Old 02-10-2006, 10:58 PM   #3
DaveyFig
From Jeff's post we get this...

"Now I see someone selling "Matrix" bloodline Guyana Red Tails 100% het for albino. That's pretty difficult considering the one and only "Matrix" Guyana Red Tail is about 8' from me right now and she has never ever even had a male in the cage with her let alone produced any progeny."

From Joel's email we get this...

"Tom, I was interested to see your ad for Guyana Matrix boas.
This is a term and lineage name I gave to my Guyana Bloodline years ago, and I am recognized for producing animals with this bloodline name and lineage.

To my knowledge, I have not sold animals to you from this bloodline, and so far no one have reproduced Matrix boas from any in my group. I was careful to research this name prior to adopting it, and would consider it a professional courtesy if you would discontinue the use of that name. The name is not trademarked (of course) but I can prove that I have been using this name , publicly for some time and again, would certainly, and kindly appreciate it if you would choose another name for the animals you are selling with this name.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

Joel DuBay"

It seems that more people than just Tom,Lynn, and Rich are confused on this one.
Either the trait was proven and named, or it wasn't.
If the background given in the email to Tom from Joel was just to say "I have used the term "Matrix boa" for a long time" , then that is what should have been said.Is te info real? Are ther more? If there are more than just one, is it possible that these ARE from Joels line?If he has produced Matric boas for years, is it not possible for some of those sold to produce babies that Joel doesn't know about? How many Matrix boas are there? Jeff says one in his complaint thread, Joel lead Tom to believe that there were many, and that the ones he had were for sure NOT matrix bloodline.

If someone has 1 "Matrix boa", and another person has what they call a "matrix boa" , but neither knows of the other, but one of them produces offspring from their line,and one does not , who gets the name?

Old 02-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
DaveyFig
Sorry about the typos. I was typing, deleting, typing, deleting . I don't know who is wrong, and don't want to point fingers in any direction, and some of the stuff I typed and deleted seemed to do just that.
I am not saying anyone is lieing really, just that someone isn't telling the truth?

Old 02-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #5
Junkyard
Dave, that is a really good point.

Old 02-11-2006, 03:18 AM   #6
kmurphy
Question?

Wouldn't it be easier to just stop using the name then to get involved with a BOI thread?

Old 02-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #7
Zoo Supply
Hey Kevin,
There is always more to the story than what meets the eye. The reason it is here, is because there are questions that need to be answered by Lynn. I talked to matt leher last night who claims to have sold the pictured animals to Lynn. Lynn Sold them to Rich as proven matrix animals. There is a gross misrepresentation of animals here, along with selling imported animals as proven traits.
I am quite sure all this will come out, just the right people need to come here and lay it out.
TOM

Old 02-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #8
Zoo Supply
As far as Dave points out, I agree. I think that this genuinely shows one of the problems with the industry. People laying claim to a name, then others using it, misusing it, or just outwardly lying about it. All these things are present here, it just needs to come out.
I am gonna get Rich in here to post, as he has sent a lot of money Lynn's way. he is really the one that has a lot of money involved, my name was dragged into this and I don't want to be associated with misrepresenting an animal, for any reason.
TOM

Old 02-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #9
kmurphy
Quote:
There is a gross misrepresentation of animals here, along with selling imported animals as proven traits.
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was just about Joel Dubay asking you about using the name and the thread was started to explain why you did.

Old 02-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #10
Justin Mitcham
So basically it seems this is a pair of wild caught imports that were aberrant and then were sold as "Matrix" and Het for Albino by Lynn?
I am not in the loop as boa's go so wouldn't being het for albino mean they were out crossed to one of the albino lines making these hybrids? If that's true reason stands there should be many others.
Either way I bet someone paid a pretty penny for these, hope Lynn can clear things up here , if it is true it's not just a misrepresentation but an outright lie and scam. Heck being wild caught brings many other issue to the table such as possible parasites etc...someone could of lost there collection if these had something and weren't quarantined properly.Boa's are so sensitive... What a mess...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!