What arboreal lizards can I get? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
abbccjns
What arboreal lizards can I get?

I am very experienced with exotic animals and have many, so my ability to care for whatever animal I get won't be a problem.

I am looking for a medium sized arboreal lizard, but can't really find a species that fits what I am looking for. I love tree monitors and am looking for something around their size, but that doesn't need as large of a cage (since they need 6x4x3' about and my tegu already has a lot of space taken up). Also tree monitors are apparently very fragile and can die easily, so perhaps something slightly less fragile.

What are some arboreal species (bigger than geckos) around 2-3 feet that would make good pets? Even though I don't have room for a huge cage I am putting up branches all around one of the living room walls for one of my parrots to stay on through the day so my lizard could also climb around and hang out on that instead of being locked up. I'm looking for ones that don't mind being handled since I would like to have him out and climbing around most of the time and getting attention.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Old 02-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
snowgyre
Monkey tailed skinks are a good option if you can find them, although they can be a bit pricey. They're well behaved for the most part as well.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
abbccjns
I love the prehensile tailed skinks, i just never see any for sale in expos or online. :[ If anyone knows of breeders or anyone who sells them I would love a link to any sites. :]

Old 02-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
Reptilecam
Mellers chameleons get pretty huge bout your range. But doesnt fit the handeling scene, Tree monitors are awesome but do need the cage space. I would prob end getting the monkey tailed skink they are just so awesome, or get a pair and get some live birth which is always fun walking in to finding a baby in the cage. Every once in awhile you will see them at shows.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
hadenglock
look into getting a frilled dragon, they dont get big, are easy to tame, and love to hang out on branches. Plus they are pretty easy to find, even cbb are starting to pop up.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
YungBeardy
blahh

Old 04-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
abbccjns
Which would do well in a 72 inch tall, 28 inch wide, and 14 inch deep cage??? I love prehensile tailed skinks by the way, but at the moment I'm looking for something a little cheaper since I am just purchasing a Tegu as well lol. Something no more than $300.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!