Tampa Show Wars - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 02-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #21
Mike Greathouse
From the Florida International Reptile Show web site:

Quote:
These we our exhibitors last fall.
Please check back after January 31
for our exhibitors this spring.
It's now February 3rd - makes one wonder if any vendors have signed up for the Spring show.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:24 PM   #22
audrypayne
I'm sure he has some vendors. He has never been one to keep his website updated. And there are some people that will do his show regardless of anything he's said or done. I personally have no plans to go to Florida, except for the August show. I'll see y'all in Daytona.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #23
bcherps
Florida Reptile Show Attendance

I'm sure Tony will have some kind of turnout, since he has such a loyal following. However, I do know a few people that will switch to Alex. A few people will do both in hopes to make more money.

I personally will not be doing Tony show as he tried to scam a bunch of people out of tables at his last tampa show. He was unsuccessful with many people but he sold wiston tsai 3 tables and only alloted 2 and refused to give a refund and still has not made amends even though he said he would after the show.

He tried the same deal with Underground Reptiles, but fortunately they had thier reciept with them.

thanks
benjamin cole

Old 02-09-2006, 06:02 PM   #24
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
From the Florida International Reptile Show web site:
Quote:
Quote:
These we our exhibitors last fall.
Please check back after January 31
for our exhibitors this spring.
It's now February 3rd - makes one wonder if any vendors have signed up for the Spring show.
I'm thinking that my guess was correct as the web site was updated on 2/8/06, but the exhibitor page still has last year's vendors along with this note:

Quote:
The exhibitor page will be updated as we do with each show, 30 days prior to the event..
I for one would like my name removed from his outdated vendor list as I will not be working this show.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #25
homegrownherps
Vendor Listing

If you look at the list, theres no mention that it is last years listing.
Giving it the impression that these will be just some of the vendors the at will be at the upcoming event and more will be added later.
Even the table layout for the Fairgrounds is still posted.

As desperation sets in , it will get worse !

Old 02-09-2006, 08:30 PM   #26
audrypayne
Come on, all you loyal friends & vendors. Make up some more excuses for him. I tried to tell you, but you wouldn't listen. I literally got slammed anytime I posted something negative, now you see how he is. So go ahead, sign up for the Tampa show.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #27
bcherps
Well, I just got back from the Tampa show put on by Alex.

It was a breath of fresh air. I arrived at 1:00pm on friday to setup. At 1:02 I new where my table was, and 1:04 I had my packet, and at 1:05 I had my parking pass.

Unlike Tony, whereas no one can tell you anything, you wait an 1-2 hours or so, while Tony runs around and shuffles vendors, and randomly eliminates other vendors spaces, then disappears when problems arise as more vendors show up.

Looks like Tony should take some organization skills lessons from Alex.

The show was well attended and my sales were 3x what I used to do at Tony's. This proves to me whose show I will continue to do.

We will not be doing Tony's show even though he has had us on the vendor list for months and refuses to take our names off.

Thanks
ben cole

Old 03-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #28
audrypayne
Way-to-go Alex! I'm looking forward to the Raleigh show.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!