Wanted All Around Nice Pet Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

YES! You can option out of the Google and InfoLinks ads! Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Arboreal Boas/Pythons

Notices

Old 05-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
redneckgrl135
All Around Nice Pet Snake

Hello, I'm in search of just a nice snake. I have no intentions of breeding so if they are some genetics hiccups in it's past, doesn't matter to me. As to species, morph, sex...also doesn't matter but I would like something that stays below 10 foot but honestly I could house just about anything (I build my own cages). I need a snake that has no strike history, isn't very head shy, and enjoys coming out of the cage. I work at a pet store and often give presentations about reptiles to preschools/elementary schools so I need a snake that would be able to handle a crowd and some crazy kids. Only other stipulation is that they need to be feeding on frozen. I often show the kids how the snakes eat and I'm not going to show them eating anything live (also it's way safer for all parties). Anyway, if you think you have a snake that fits the bill, please let me know with some pictures and any comments you have about the snake. Thanks!
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-11-2015, 02:48 AM   #2
toddnbecka
I have a couple extra male Dominican mountain boas on hand. They're just about mature enough to breed now but not yet fully grown, a bit over 4'. They simply never strike or bite, though they do tend to musk when first picked up. That would almost certainly be less often if they were handled more. The smallest of them is also the most active, and he does like to come out of the cage. I don't have any pics of that one, and he's in blue at the moment, but here's a couple pics of others of similar size.

The last pic is a red phase male, the most mellow and (apparently) handled of the bunch, he doesn't even musk. For size reference that's a 33 long aquarium, same as a 55 but not as tall. They won't grow too much larger, likely 5-6', and as far as a nice snake IMO they can't be beat. One of the reasons I wanted them to begin with.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:00 AM   #3
redneckgrl135
Wow those are gorgeous. I've never heard of this type but I'm researching them now. What are your prices for each? And the cage I have is more for arboreal snakes (one of those exoterra tall ones). Are they more terrestrial or arboreal?
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-12-2015, 03:23 AM   #4
Cal State Reptiles
We have a nice big female normal ball python for $125 shipped and a female Pastel ball python for $275 shipped. Our website has photos of both and other ball pythons we currently have for sale, link is in the signature.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:41 AM   #5
toddnbecka
The brown males are $400/each, not really sure about the red male, the reds this size usually sell for over $1000. They do like to climb, my 18-month old juveniles are almost never on the bottom of their enclosures. They're similar to carpet pythons as far as general care, though they don't require the higher temps, and don't go for the larger prey pythons prefer.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:09 AM   #6
redneckgrl135
Well that's a bit out of my price range but I really appreciate you telling me about them! I always like learning about new snake species.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!