FAvorite tricolor - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
mudbug
FAvorite tricolor

I am considering getting a milk/king of this type and would like feedback. Pref something small-medium sized. Maybe ruthveni, pyro, or triangulum celaenops/annulata?

But I want to here what you guys prefer from personal experience(dunno if any act differently than others)

Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Dan W
My favorite are pyros. I think they are the most beautiful and they are super easy to keep. I have done well with other tricolors but in my opinion pyros are the most beautiful. They don't develop tipping. They are docile. The pyro knoblochis are very beautiful as well.
Dan

Old 12-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
D. Mong
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
I am considering getting a milk/king of this type and would like feedback. Pref something small-medium sized. Maybe ruthveni, pyro, or triangulum celaenops/annulata?

But I want to here what you guys prefer from personal experience(dunno if any act differently than others)
Boy, that's a tough one to answer with so many beautiful examples of either. Some of the milksnakes can definitely be more nervous as a rule, but there are also many exceptions to this too. Just this year(among many other things) I produced an "extreme" hypomelanistic Honduran that is an absolute 10 in every way, extreme lightness, great eater, and fabulous laid-back, easy-going temperament as well. Just an all around killer snake that of course I held back for myself.

No dark tipping on these guys either, they stay VERY clean into their adulthood.

~Doug

Here's the '09 male hold-back

Here's the mother

And here's the sire

Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
cool cat
I would have to say that Gray bands are my fav. the Blairi phase , with Pyro pyro coming in second !

Old 12-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
jlassiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post

As far as easy to take care of and not squirmy or darty like a triangulum.....I would go for Ruthveni......Gentle Kingsnakes with awesome colors and aberrancies........And they don't get that big.......

Old 12-31-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
D. Mong
All great animals John!, and that newly acquired aberrant ruthveni from Shannon is really cool!

~Doug

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!