ok I really think I got it this time - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-14-2005, 12:09 AM   #1
dude50050
ok I really think I got it this time

This is my new B&W tegu Godzilla!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reptiles 004.jpg (100.6 KB, 71 views)

Old 05-14-2005, 12:20 AM   #2
Wilomn
Are you sure it's a black and white and not a gold? Not to whiz in your wheaties and he's a good looking lizard, but he sure looks golden in the picture. Where did he come from?

I've had a few golds that were just plain mean and a couple of black and whites that were really cool.

I often see golds sold as black and whites out here in the Republic of Ca.

They really are neat little lizards though. Does he like feeder fish or pinkies better?

Old 05-14-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
dude50050
well I got him from this reptile wholesale place in Tampa called southeast reptile exchange. They told me they were black and whites so Im pretty sure that he is but I could be mistaken. If it is a gold how will i know? and I've only tried feeding him pinkies so far and he seems to like them.

Old 05-14-2005, 09:29 AM   #4
dude50050
He looks kinda gold on the top but mostly white from the sides and underneath him. What do the golds look like?

Old 05-14-2005, 09:38 AM   #5
hhmoore
don't the black&whites have that coloring as babies?? again, its been awhile since i was dealing with those guys, but I think I remember that being the case...either that or the dealers at the various shows were all passing off golds as B&Ws and we got ripped off when ordering them for the shop - but that is possible, too. I agree that the golds tend to be on the nasty side...my experience has the females worse than the males on that scale.

On a side note, my male (gold) "Nitro" used to like it warm. He kept turning up the thermostat on the electric radiator I heated the room with. (yeah, I was young and stupid and let him have free roam) I couldn't figure out how it kept happening until I walked in one day and saw him standing on his hind legs with his (hands? paws? hmmm) on the controller. I know that there are many that will doubt this, but I saw it; and once I caged him it never happened again. I also know that it could have a repeated accident vs planned action, but it is still a fun story so

Old 05-14-2005, 12:42 PM   #6
HerpAddict
Here is a gold tegu:
http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Lizard382.jpg

and here is an B & W tegu juvenile:
http://bluetegu.com/gallery/merianae/6.html

I would say yours looks somewhere in the middle of the two, but if I had to guess, I would say it's a B & W, just not as bright as some, which may be because it's still a juvie...I'm no expert, just MHO.

Amanda Heaton

Old 05-14-2005, 01:17 PM   #7
dude50050
I found out he's a Columbian B&W tegu. does anyone know anything about them or have pics?

Old 05-14-2005, 01:39 PM   #8
hhmoore
what do you want to know about them? if you have specific questions, toss them out. if you just want basic info, there is plenty of that online - you'll get a more complete answer by doing the search. (not trying to be short or rude, but your search will net results alot faster than me typing 2-3 pages worth of stuff for you...besides, you bought it you should already have investigated the basics)

Old 05-14-2005, 01:44 PM   #9
dude50050
lol yea that would be a better idea thanks for all the help and I still am looking for a argentine tegu so if any 1 wants to sell or trade me a baby that'd be awesome

Old 05-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #10
Wilomn
Unless there has been a new discovery, there are no black and whites native to Col. They only come from Argentina. I think you got took. It still looks like a gold to me and it is OFTEN the case that they are sold as black and whites as juveniles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!