some babies I got this year - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
kingpinreptiles
some babies I got this year

First clutch that hatched was California kingsnakes. An albino banded male to a Mosaic female. Female happened to be het albino, I got 5 Mosaics, an aberrant, an albino striped and an albino banded.

Then I had my first clutch of Mexican milk snakes hatch out. The parents were a normal female and an apricot colored het albino male. So the babies are possible het albinos, and they have very clean bands.

Next up to hatch were more mexican milk snakes. This time from the apricot het albino male to a spotted female. My albino male wasn't up to size this year but I still wanted to lay some ground work for the albino spotted annulata project, so I used the het albino male. Got 9 eggs, 6 hatched. 2 1.2 groups.

The most recent clutch to hatch was from my albino banded cal king to a reverse striped female. Got some wild looking babies and some very normal looking babies. I love the variety with cal kings.

2 clutches to go... 1 cal king clutch and 1 mexican milk clutch.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
KcTrader
Mike, those are some Killer offspring. The photo of that L.t.annulata striking a pose is my favorite. Congrats!

Old 09-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
kingpinreptiles
Thanks! You've produced some awesome stuff this year as well.

Here's a couple more pics of the kingsnakes I recently hatched out.
Got a good mixture of patterns in this clutch, the coolest (in my opinion) is the high white reverse stripe cal. But I also got half banded half striped babies, regular black and white banded, designer banded, designer striped and another cool aberrant banded baby.

Also I recently had a egg hatch from a clutch I thought was doomed. A mosaic cal king double clutched without a second breeding, laid eggs and ate some of them, and the ones that were left went bad. But one hatched. An albino striped (pictured last).
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2012, 04:44 AM   #4
kingpinreptiles
Most recent clutch to hatch...

One to go....

Old 10-10-2012, 04:00 AM   #5
RossCA
Those are awesome, Mike!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #6
kingpinreptiles
My last clutch of the year was actually the only clutch I wanted (and felt like I needed) to get, it ended up being the last clutch laid and the last to hatch. Bred a het albino mexican milk to an albino mexican milk, got 8 eggs, hatched out 4 albinos and 3 het albinos. Only a few people are producing these so I'm very happy with the results. More pics of the clutch will come after they shed... The last pic of with the high-black het albino looks like a keeper, and 2 of the albinos have that same face pattern it's pretty cool.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #7
brianm616
those are awesome mike. i've had to talk myself out of getting some of those a few times.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:39 AM   #8
kingpinreptiles
I hear ya... I remember first seeing them for sale around 2005 and thought I could never spend that much on a single snake, but then I didn't see them for a couple years so when they popped up again I grabbed em'. Very awesome snakes indeed, I can't wait to produce a albino spotted! lol.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
blackandblue_lulu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinreptiles View Post
My last clutch of the year was actually the only clutch I wanted (and felt like I needed) to get, it ended up being the last clutch laid and the last to hatch. Bred a het albino mexican milk to an albino mexican milk, got 8 eggs, hatched out 4 albinos and 3 het albinos. Only a few people are producing these so I'm very happy with the results. More pics of the clutch will come after they shed... The last pic of with the high-black het albino looks like a keeper, and 2 of the albinos have that same face pattern it's pretty cool.
They alway look like candy! I want one of these someday.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
kingpinreptiles
here's a couple of them after shedding.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!