New CalKing Morph, the Kubota - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #1
Wilomn
New CalKing Morph, the Kubota

I've never seen one like this before. Have you? He's got some siblings out of another mother, well, his grandfather is their father, and they have the same three rows of spots that are fairly circular. They have a bleeding of the black, almost like a wash, not nearly as clean as he is, but the pattern is the same. I don't have pictures of them yet, they haven't shed. When they do I'll post some of them.

I'd sure like to know if anyone has seen this before.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
jjc reptiles
That looks almost like an anaconda hog.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Austin-12
That's no Kubota! Kubota's are orange....that's an Anaconda King!

Old 08-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin-12 View Post
That's no Kubota! Kubota's are orange....that's an Anaconda King!
Never heard of a Kubota before and no way is this going to be an anaconda anything.

Now I have to go google Kubota.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Austin-12
Now that's a really cool looking King! The spots do look like a Anaconda pattern though....

Did you come up with the name? Because Kubota's are orange like below... ;-)

Old 08-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #6
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin-12 View Post
Now that's a really cool looking King! The spots do look like a Anaconda pattern though....

Did you come up with the name? Because Kubota's are orange like below... ;-)

I thought I did, but I must have heard it in a dream or something. I had no clue there were Kubota tractors.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
Austin-12
When I was a kid, I dreamt, I was the maker of M&M's....I was sadly mistaken the next day.....and I don't even like them...go figure!

I bet it was a commercial you heard or saw on tv......or radio. Those orange tractors are everyone nowadays.... ;-) When I first saw the name my first thought was orange...that's how brand strong they are to me. ha!

Old 09-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
RossCA
That is a very cool pattern. I'd put that in the category of a "Reverse dotted" king. Yours is one of the very best examples I've seen so far.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
Wilomn
That's a cool snake. I'm going to call mine Shui Mo. It's a Chinese form of art. Black ink on white paper, very cool stuff. Have you been able to reproduce those or is that a one off? I got several females this year off a different mother bred to the grandfather of the father of the one I got this year. They are not as cleanly marked, but have the same pattern. I haven't gotten pictures yet, but I will.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #10
Mooing Tricycle
Wes, THIS IS SO COOL. Seriously. The Symmetry is marvelous! You have made my favorite kingsnake morph ever, I think.

Congrats on such a neat animal. Really excited to see more photos!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!