Is he hungry? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:01 AM   #1
Jones812
Is he hungry?

OK, so I have read the website link that was suggested to find out some varieties of food to feed my leopard tortoise. I have had him for two months or so and have only really fed him the rep-cal tortoise food. I feed him daily. I am trying to cut back and feed him more plants and veggies as the site said to do. It said to feed them about twice a week, so this will try to teach them to eat off of the natural foods.... How can I tell if he is hungry, or if I am feeding him enough?

Old 06-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
jsrocket
Tonya, just have natural foods available to him all the time. He will eat when he is hungry. Clover and dandelions are two good foods, and you can probably collect these with a quick walk.

Sorry about my rude post yesterday, I was having a bad day, for reasons that had nothing to do with you.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
Jones812
I did not even notice you were being rude, so no worries. Thanks for your help. I did give him some clover yesterday, but they seemed to wilt pretty quickly. Should I only leave in for a few hours and then remove, or will he snack on them even wilted?

Old 06-28-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
jsrocket
Mine usually don't like it, if it's too dried up. But, there are plenty of foods they like growing on my property, so it just takes a few seconds to pick some more. Variety is important, but make sure the plant is safe to feed him. Some plants are toxic.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
Jones812
I can always go pick more, but I work really long days. So if I put it there in the morning, I just wanted to be sure it would not make him sick if he snacks on it all day. I will switch it out when I get home. I am trying it today, so I guess I will see how much of it he got to eat while I am at work.
Thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!