One Who has No Beliefs and Why....... - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-13-2004, 06:40 AM   #71
j tyler
"The evil man quoteth scripture to prove scripture."
"The evil man assumeth judgement day to wish evil upon the good".*

Old 05-13-2004, 01:59 PM   #72
pcsmicro
Quotes from a fictitious book ?

So you quote from a book that does not exist ! And the reason for this is ??

Old 05-13-2004, 04:26 PM   #73
j tyler
I just wrote that two sentence book for you. Now since you are an expert could you tell us about this hell we are going to?

Old 05-13-2004, 05:06 PM   #74
pcsmicro
Hell ** there are some scriptures listed below

First of all here are some scriptures to show how to avoid that place.
Acts 2:37-41,8:16,10:48,19:5
John ch. 1, 2:19,3:3-5
1 Peter 3:20
James 2:19

1 Thess. 4:6-18
6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. 7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. 8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit. 9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another. 10 And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more; 11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; 12 That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

now scriptures describing that place !

Rev. 20:11 - 15
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Old 05-13-2004, 05:50 PM   #75
j tyler
Dude,
You have been drinking too much of that free booze out there in Sin City. Your Bible is evil and causes evil...that's the way it was designed. When Paganism returns then, and only then, will there be peace. The naked snake Goddess will rule!

Old 05-13-2004, 08:31 PM   #76
pcsmicro
I believe Iraq was ruled by a non-religious leader

Well, To each his own, but I already read the back of the book, and I have chosen to be on God's side. I hate being on the losing side.

Especially when the consequences are eternal. as in forever !!

Old 05-13-2004, 08:56 PM   #77
pcsmicro
Dude, You may not want to tell a radical muslim you are a pagan

You may not want to tell any radical muslims you are a pagan ! I believe they practice doing great harm to infidels ! If my memory serves me correctly

pagan:
adj : not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam [syn: heathen, heathenish] n : a person who does not acknowledge your God [syn: heathen, gentile, infidel]

infidel

Pagan is now more properly applied to rude and uncivilized idolaters, while heathen embraces all who practice idolatry.

Old 06-07-2004, 05:41 PM   #78
Jerry Dorgan
Beliefs

I've stayed away from this thread long enough. In my younger days I lived by one simple rule...never discuss politics or religion, after all "it is better to be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt". But with years comes a lack of careing what people think. So here goes....

Born and raised a good Irish catholic boy. Until as most 18 yr olds kids think, I don't need this BS and stopped church all together. While at school I studied easterm philosophy, ei: taoism, buddism, hinduism, most of which made a whole lot more sense than catholitism but all required more self descipline than I could muster at that time. So I believed in nothing for many years. This is not an easy or safe way to go through life, it is better to have never believed than to try to live with lost faith.

Anywho...I remember something I read in school, I think it was by Dante(not 100% but I think so). I will only paraphrase as this is a 30 yr old memory:

With regards to believing in God. and read this slowly please.

If one believes and it is not true,,,,, then nothing is lost.
If one believes and it is true,,,,,, then everything is gained.
If one does not believe and it is true,,,,, then everything is lost.

Yes, I think all christian "religions" have pushed away as many people as they have saved, maybe more. They constantly want money, have ongoing scandals and are way too powerful in politics. I hated every single day of the 8yrs of constat humiliations and beatings by old, cranky nuns. They did indeed drive me away from believing. BUT, religions are people and people always screw things up, ALL WAYS. I do not believe in people.....I believe in God.

I'm gambling with the no loose hand...I think Dante was correct and I choose to believe.

Old 06-07-2004, 06:33 PM   #79
Diggy415
Wink Still Going Strong I see....q

Thought this forum got tossed out the window,but it was only the chat. I don't believe in some people either, not much to believe in or that I care too, just myself and my close friends. It takes several months to gain a friend and a matter of minutes to lose them. Guess ill be posting some pics of my new BCI and other snakes as well seeing how we're still all here. lol

Old 06-17-2012, 02:54 AM   #80
Ana J.
This is actually real:

Proof That God Exists!!!

The professor of a university challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?" A student answered bravely, "Yes, he did".
The professor then asked, "If God created everything, then he created evil. Since evil exists (as noticed by our own actions), so God is evil. The student couldn't respond to that statement causing the professor to conclude that he had "proved" that "belief in God" was a fairy tale, and therefore worthless.
Another student raised his hand and asked the professor, "May I pose a question?” "Of course." answered the professor.
The young student stood up and asked: "Professor, does cold exists?"
The professor answered, "What kind of question is that? ...Of course the cold exists... haven't you ever been cold?"
The young student answered, "In fact sir, Cold does not exist. According to the laws of Physics, what we consider cold, in fact is the absence of heat. Anything is able to be studied as long as it transmits energy (heat). Absolute Zero is the total absence of heat, but cold does not exist. What we have done is create a term to describe how we feel if we don't have body heat or we are not hot."
"And, does Dark exist?", he continued. The professor answered "Of course". This time the student responded, "Again you're wrong, Sir. Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in fact simply the absence of light. Light can be studied, darkness cannot. Darkness cannot be broken down. A simple ray of light tears the darkness and illuminates the surface where the light beam finishes. Dark is a term that we humans have created to describe what happens when there's lack of light."
Finally, the student asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" The professor replied, "Of course it exists, as I mentioned at the beginning, we see violations, crimes and violence anywhere in the world, and those things are evil."
The student responded, "Sir, Evil does not exist. Just as in the previous cases, Evil is a term which man has created to describe the result of the absence of God's presence in the hearts of man."
After this, the professor bowed down his head, and didn't answer back.
The young man's name was ALBERT EINSTEIN
This proves, that God, DOES Exist!!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!