late christmas present or what? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-29-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
missinasworld
late christmas present or what?

I do not post often but I thought this was cool and worth sharing
So the other night I was letting the dogs outside and saw a "rope" laying half in and half out of the screen door. I reached down to pick it up, if it was something alive the dogs would have eaten it..guess that theory did not hold water. It turned out to be a 2.8' long corn snake! The poor guy was so cold! I guess it could smell my rats in my rat rack and wanted to see if it could get something to eat. At any rate, I decided to warm the little guy up so I put him in a tube in my fish room. Today I took him out and handled him, I swear this snake acts like he has been handled every day of his life and isn't even head shy! So I set him up in a 29gallon quarantine tank on my computer desk and I figure that if I can get him to eat and he doesn't suddenly turn mean, I will keep him. I have 3 empty 40gallon tanks in my snake setup in my master bedroom so I have the room. I own 2 het pied female ball pythons and those empty tanks are for my future male pied-but hey I'm to broke to afford one so this little guy can have a great spot
Snakes do not last long in my yard, my dogs are really good at eating everything that is alive and moves..a local black snake learned that the hard way when one of my dogs ate half his tail and honestly I don't know how that snake is still live. and my dog Igor ate my yellow belly slider when it left the pond and it cost me over $700 in vet bills cuz the turtle made the dog sick. So if the snake doesn't like the easy life, I will take it to the near by woods and let it go far away from my crazy dogs.

P.S. I am 85% sure its a male but have not probed it..going off pics of corn snake tails found on the internet.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
Edge
I'd keep it, so long as it is healthy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!