2012 in a nutshell - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
snakesRkewl
2012 in a nutshell

Thought I'd share our pairings for the season, we are looking at getting eggs from 12 out of 12 this year after getting 11 out of 13 to drop eggs last year.
Crazy odds but we'll take it

New line of yellowbelly from a import yellowbelly, she's been breeding clown male since February ~ smaller than marble follicles

Bumblebee ovulating today she has bred clown male all season ~ she has 7 eggs

Pewter female ~ Breeding clown male ~ she has 5 very large follicles

Butter female just did her prelay shed, has bred clown male all season ~ 7 eggs

Normal possible granite bred black pastel pos het ghost and lesser ~ lots of follicles, gave us 9 eggs last season

Normal female bred lesser and black pastel pos het ghost ~ lots of follicles, gave up 10 last season

Normal female bred black pastel pos het ghost all season ~ lots of follicles, gave up 10 eggs last year

Normal female bred to lesser all season, already ovulated but looks like she doesn't know when to quit glowing?
She gave 10 eggs last year, has loads of follicles, lol

Albino female breeding black pastel het albino all season ~ lots of follicles, gave up 9 eggs last season

Black pastel female has bred black pastel pos het ghost all season, looks to be starting to glow

Two normal females bred X Mojave and to Fire have ovulated also.

Good luck everyone, enjoy the ride that is the breeding season

Old 05-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Good luck with it all Jerry! 12 for 12 are incredible rates of return on your females, especially if some are breeding back to back years??? Best of luck, I might need a Butter het. Clown from you

Old 05-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetsnowboa View Post
Good luck with it all Jerry! 12 for 12 are incredible rates of return on your females, especially if some are breeding back to back years??? Best of luck, I might need a Butter het. Clown from you
Thanks Robert,
yeah back to back on all of them and back to back to back on a couple of the normals that will get a much deserved break next yr.
Most of them didn't produce until their 3rd winter and are now going into their 4th winter, big girls that lay big clutches, gotta love that!

I'll put you on the "to contact" list for the butter clutch if you'd like

Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
Robert Walker
Yah, put me down for a contact. I just had a Het Clown drop 7 eggs from a visual Clown. The big question is, will the Het. Clown prove out to be Het Clown for "me". If she does, I'll be looking for that Butter het. Clown male.

I've got several females that will be taking a much deserved break as well. Good luck again!!

Old 05-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
RobNJ
Nice line up Jerry! Looking forward to seeing what you hatch out this year...best of luck!

Old 05-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #6
Kingofspades
Awesome. I just hatched out my very own line of Yellowbelly this season from a captive hatched male to a sub-sahara female.
They are SMOKERS too.

Can't wait for next season when my captive hatched female yb is ready and I can make my own line of ivories.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
B&C Ball Pythons
Congrats Jerry. Liking the het clown factory you have going on over there.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #8
ClarkT
Awesome Lineup!
That bee looks axanthic! She's gorgeous!

On the yellowbelly, what on her shows she's a YB? I'm not the greatest at picking them out..She looks a bit cinny to me more than YB. Not that she isn't YB, I'm just wanting to learn more of what to look for.

Best of Luck in all your pairings!

Old 05-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
FoxReptiles
Very cool. I might be interested in het clowns too. Put me on your list. =)

Old 05-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
snakesRkewl
Quote:
hetsnowboa
Yah, put me down for a contact.
Gotcha

Quote:
RobNJ
Nice line up Jerry! Looking forward to seeing what you hatch out this year...best of luck!
Thanks Rob, should be another great season.

Quote:
Kingofspades
Awesome. I just hatched out my very own line of Yellowbelly this season from a captive hatched male to a sub-sahara female.
They are SMOKERS too.
Congrats, new blood is exciting
Quote:
Can't wait for next season when my captive hatched female yb is ready and I can make my own line of ivories.
It's been a long 3 years waiting for our yb female to make weight, I couldn't think of a better way to see what she throws than to breed a clown to her.

Quote:
ClarkT
Awesome Lineup!
That bee looks axanthic! She's gorgeous!
She's seriously in glow, such a crazy color difference between normal and glow.

Quote:
On the yellowbelly, what on her shows she's a YB? I'm not the greatest at picking them out..She looks a bit cinny to me more than YB. Not that she isn't YB, I'm just wanting to learn more of what to look for.
Long story short when she was small we bought her and her brother from an unknown who swore up and down they were black pastel yellowbellies even after we got them and was told by numerous people they were not black pastel yb's.
We got a screaming deal, one of those "if it's too good to be true" moments, ugh.
We bred the male to a bumblebee and another yellowbelly and produced bumblebelly, spiderbelly, Ivories and some smokin hot yb females, but no black pastels, go figure

She is without a doubt the darkest yellowbelly I've ever seen...

Quote:
Best of Luck in all your pairings!
Thanks!!

Quote:
FoxReptiles
Very cool. I might be interested in het clowns too. Put me on your list.
Gotcha down on the contact list

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!