new enclosures - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 05-19-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
SIRS
new enclosures

was bored AGAIN so figured i would go and build some cages tried something new built four in one worked out good what you all think?

finished product

heres a picture of belvedere he saw the camera and wanted his pic taken

Old 05-19-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
jglass38
Those cages are HOT! Nice job...I have zero carpentry skills.

Old 05-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
cornsnakekid92
NICE, how much did it cost for the whole thing, what are the dimnsions for each cage? what is it made out of?just heated by light bulbs?

Old 05-19-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
SIRS
thanks guys ..but by no means am i a carpenter its all trail and error but i think i got it down now ...the size of each cage is 3 foot by 2 foot by roughly 17-18 inches high its made of tile board (shower surround) and 1x2's the whole thing including tile board ,wood, misc hardware ,the lights and UTH in each enclosure came out to roughly 200 dollars, i think actually alittle less so basically about 50 a cage

Old 05-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
cornsnakekid92
so did you just make a fram out of 1x2s and then you covered it call ith a shell of tilebored?

Old 05-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
SIRS
yes thats pretty much all i did its alot easier then you think to make and i figure another 10 or 15 more of them they will be perfect and look good this was the first one i made

Old 05-20-2006, 04:48 PM   #7
BoaMan Jon
Very nice. I've had the idea of framing and covering it in shower surround, but I have been hesitant to take that route, but now you've shown me the proof that it can work.

Again, that's a very, very nice setup.

Old 05-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #8
cornsnakekid92
well, i am also thinking of doing it, do you have any tips for me? and what did you do for the doors? i still dont get how to make those.

Old 05-20-2006, 04:55 PM   #9
SIRS
tips measure twice cut once is my big one ..i still dont use that tip ..but first thing you should do is figure out the size you want if its 3 foot long you have to take in consideration for the wood i have 3 seperate ones that are all 3 footers but me not measureing twice came up with 3 diffrent sizes

look at the diffrence of the 3 white ones

Old 05-20-2006, 05:01 PM   #10
SIRS
for the doors i used prefinished hardwood flooring works great it has a groove already in it for the plexi..all you do is attach 3 sides measure cut the plexi slide it in and attach the final end i predrilled the last piece before i put the plexi in so i can just add some glue and screw it in works great ...this is like my 8 or so cage i built so from the first one which was all melamine you can see it its the white one on the bottom wont use mela. any more to heavy
but there is so much i learned from building them it is easier to just offer my time if you need help or i would take up pages explaining my screw ups and how i do it now ...just go for it have a idea and picture i actually draw out the cage on paper with measurments and all i never go by it but it is a good source to look at when all you start seeing is a pile of wood ...good luck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!