Pinky Pump? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
annmikeal
Question Pinky Pump?

I have a few juvenile corn and king snakes that wont eat. I am trying to find out about pinky pumps...
If you have used them? Pinky pumps versus syringe with tube feeding? Force feeding instead?
Any information would be extremely helpful
Also if you know where I can get one relatively cheap?
Thanks, Ann

Old 10-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
rcpreis3
Idk about the tubes but force feeding isnt no fun, but it did make my snake very accepting of me messing with it and make her real handable. As long as a pinky pump isnt more stressful or harmful to the snake id say give it a try, although I havent used one.

For supplies try reptilebasics.com, LLLreptile.com, and there was one other....

reptilesupply.com?

Look in the caging and supply classifieds, u can usually find sumthin used for a good price. But I wouldnt want a preused pinky pump. >.<

But after my own comparing of some sites, I found reptilebasics.com to be generally cheaper than most.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
annmikeal
Thanks, Ill get on their right now. I have tried the force feeding, maybe Im doing it wrong or I just suck at it...

Old 10-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Focal
I have a few syringes and hope I never have to use them. Never heard of a pinky punp though.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
rcpreis3
Believe me its not easy at all, and Im feeding balls. I can only imagine tiny colubrids! Have u thought about feeding them lizards?

Old 10-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
annmikeal
so you have never used the syringes? I have been reading online to find out more about the methods, just not getting very far...

Old 10-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
annmikeal
Ive tried the lizards, they are afraid of them

Old 10-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #8
rcpreis3
awww thats pretty weak....

Old 10-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #9
annmikeal
it really sucks, just didnt want to do something with out input from experienced people...

Old 10-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
DAND
Do not force feed or use pinky pumps. Try my patented (well, at least it should be) bitch-slap method. Get a hold of the snake near enough to the head so that it can not bite you. Take a pinky and bitch-slap the snake until it gets pissed enough to bite the pinky. It will either continue to take it down or it will try and thrash it's head and spit it out. If it continues to take it down slowly give it enough "slack" by moving your grip (which has to be firm enough to hold the snake but not as to restrict it from swallowing) down as the pink goes down. If it tries to spit it out try your best to not allow it to do so. If it does repeat the bitch-slapping until it bites it again and try to keep it in the snakes mouth. Even the slowest snake will eventually realize that if it can't spit it out it will have to take it down. Eventually they realize pinks are food and learn how to do it on their own without your assistance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!