Inquiry: Pacific Coast Reptiles? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2003, 12:32 PM   #1
ChaosCat
Question Inquiry: Pacific Coast Reptiles?

I have seen the other BOI threads on them, which left me very confused. Has anyone bought animals from them off their ads on kingsnake? Where are they located? Is the problem person still a part of their business, or was he just using their business name falsely?

Old 09-30-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
pch101
Pacific Coast Reptiles

Hi,

My Name is James Wilson, and the ad that you were responding to (about the B-grade BTS) could have very well been mine. However, I do not know for sure. The fact that it was for BTS, and it was PCR, leads me to believe that it most likely was. About 6 years ago I got a business license in San Diego under the name Pacific Coast reptiles. I used it mostly for my non BTS reptile projects simply because most BTS people know/knew me by name rather than the PCR. However, there were times that I still used it or would forget to change it on my posts. I recently stopped using the name Pacific Coast Reptiles after it was brought to my attention by a prospective buyer (maybe you, I do not remember) that there were some bad deals that were reported here on the BOI in regard to Pacific Coast Reptiles. Let me assure everyone that I have only one name and that is James Wilson, and any other name associated with Pacific Coast Reptiles is not me. Because of the tainting of that name, I swiched to Pacific Coast Herpetological and purchased the domamain name. Now I am seeing a someone using Pacific Coast Herps. I can't seem to win... However, I am curious if Pacific Coast Herps is by chance the name used by the same individuals that used Pacific Coast Reptiles, possibly changing their name after their tainting it. Again, just wondering. Anyone have any Ideas?

James Wilson

Old 09-30-2004, 11:21 AM   #3
ChaosCat
The Pacific Coast Reptiles I mentioned claimed they were based out of Arizona. Sounded too fishy, so I never went through with the deal.

Old 09-30-2004, 10:45 PM   #4
pch101
That is a shame, as I am sure it was me.

You see, I moved to AZ two years ago. I am curious as to why I sounded fishy to you. I generally give out my phone number, and am more than happy to talk to customers and non customers just looking for info. I would say that I am more free with my info than just about anyone (provided I have the time). Check out the posts on the BOI under my actual name "James Wilson". They will confirm this. I was surprised to see myself there, but atleast it is not in a bad light.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:19 PM   #5
ChaosCat
Hm. Well the ad I was replying to was for an adult female rosy boa, but it was quite some time ago.

I think I did a search here on fauna for Pacific Coast Reptiles , but I do not remember.

Unfortunately, the person who emailed me back about the rosy did not give me a name or number. As I said, that was a long time ago, so I honestly don't remember.

As you can see, I never received any replies saying yay or nay for PCR. So how am I supposed to know?

Old 10-01-2004, 12:17 AM   #6
pch101
You had no way of knowing

basically, you had no way of knowing, and I do not blame you for not purchasing from me after reading the concerns here on the BOI. I would have most lokely been very cautious in that situation also. I am still curious as to how I sounded fishy? If you do not remember, may I suggest that maybe the situation seemed fishy after seeing the BOI posts in regard to the other individual that was using my company name, rather than myself actually sounding fishy... Just a thought.

James Wilson (I also work with Rosy Boas, and I did sell a few last year)

Old 10-01-2004, 01:31 AM   #7
ChaosCat
Yeah, that was over a year ago. I think the "fishy" part was when I notifed the person about the BOI threads, I never received an email after that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!