Connie (Mrs. WebSlave) - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-29-2023, 01:01 PM   #171
WebSlave
Well, this is just great.

Connie was in the hospital during the week of 08-14. Had to have both plerual areas of her lungs drained. Whoever did the right lung apparently punctured the lung so she had to have a vacuum apparatus stuck in her chest to drain the air, blood, and other fluids. Then she also had her chemo infusion port removed because the skin had become damaged and looked really nasty.

Then on 08-20 I started feeling like I was getting sick. Probably from some bug picked up at the hospital the prior week. Headache, sore throat, and a temperature that was jumping all over the place. Sometimes as high as 102 or so. Yeah, great..... I immediately started wearing a mask here at home, but apparently it was too late. Connie started feeling sick on 08-23. By 08-25 she was back into the emergency room. They tested her for COVID and the test came back positive. I had tested myself with a home kit earlier, but my non-functional brain read the results wrong, and I thought I was negative. But when I tested Connie while at the hospital I looked more closely at the results and determined that yep, we BOTH had come down with COVID. Great.....

Connie was being treated for pneumonia in her lower right lung. And, of course, having COVID. Fortunately her pleural effusions hadn't built up yet to where they needed to be drained, which is what she thought was going on when we went to the emergency room.

I brought her back home on 08-27. So she was pumped full of antibiotics while at the hospital and she has even more in pill form to be taking for the next 10 days. That all on top of her chemo drugs from her trip to Tijuana over a month ago. We are both coughing quite a bit, but beyond that really don't feel all that bad. Maybe a little like being put through a wringer.

And now we have Hurricane Idalia bearing down on us. With all those drugs in Connie, she can't get too far away from a bath room, so evacuating would be a real issue. Not to mention checking into a motel while having COVID certainly wouldn't endear us to the natives. So we are here to just ride it out, and whatever happens, happens. Honestly, just getting real tired of fighting and worrying every damn day about something or another.

Gee, it's just GREAT to be alive.................

Old 08-30-2023, 01:09 AM   #172
Caryl
Rich, you and Connie have really been living through horrors. We thought of you two when we saw the forecast track of Idalia. So many awful things converging upon you. We contribute praying for you both specifically. Thoughts and prayers have become a parodied cliché, but you are nonetheless in mine.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 08-30-2023, 01:23 AM   #173
WebSlave
Well, if our home gets destroyed, even if we live through it, game over for us. We don't have a life worth trying to rebuild.

Old 08-30-2023, 08:42 AM   #174
bcr229
Prayers for you guys!

Old 08-31-2023, 04:02 PM   #175
JColt
You got this Rich! I will be thinking about both of you.

Old 08-31-2023, 06:58 PM   #176
WebSlave
House was untouched. No damage. Power was out for 29 hours or so.

Just a great time for Connie to be suffering from cancer, COVID, pneumonia and who the hell knows what else. Over the past month we have been in the emergency room and hospital more than we have been without. And good chance we will be going back to the emergency room real soon as her cough is worsening and she has lower intestinal distress from the antibiotic she was prescribed for her pneumonia. And certainly the cancer drugs aren't helping in that department neither.

She is getting short of breath again, so I guess I need to get ready to take her to the ER.

Old 11-06-2023, 09:18 PM   #177
WebSlave
Been a long while since I made an update.

Short answer is, my wife and best friend of 45 years is dying. Despite the mainstream chemo treatments, despite the alternative drugs we were trying, despite her trip to Tijuana Mexico to an alternative treatment facility called Oasis Of Hope, and despite the hardest and longest praying I have ever done in my life.

She is now under Hospice care. This past Friday the hospice nurse said that based on similar cases she has seen, Connie would likely pass away within 2 weeks. Of course I didn't tell Connie that!

Now she is bed ridden in a hospital bed we have in the family room in our home. Both of her sisters are here to help out. Thank goodness, because I couldn't do this sort of care alone. She is obviously fading fast, and her speech is becoming almost unintelligible. None of us have had any unbroken sleep for a while now, because it takes all three of us to get Connie out of bed and to the port-a-potty and back again. Her legs have gotten very weak and she has difficulty maintaining her balance. She would definitely fall and hurt herself without our assistance.

I am a crushed and shattered man. She was my entire world. I went to my PCP doctor last week and got prescribed some medication to help get me through this (hopefully). I already had valium that was prescribed by an earlier doctor, which helped take the edge off of things a LOT of times, but this is getting REALLY heavy now. The stuff I am taking is supposed to take a couple of weeks to really kick in, so I am hoping it kicks in before I just lose my mind.

I don't have a single solitary clue about what I will do when (if? Still hope for a miracle.) she dies. A very VERY big part of me will die too.

Old 11-07-2023, 04:39 AM   #178
Lucille
I am so very sorry to hear this very sad news, and very difficult times. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 11-07-2023, 10:54 AM   #179
PMHerps
Rich, my thoughts are with you and Connie during this difficult time...

Old 11-07-2023, 02:26 PM   #180
Insomniac101
I'm so sorry to hear this, Rich. I don't have adequate words, but please know that I, and many others are thinking of, and praying for you both.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!