NEWLY IMPLEMENTED picture quota?!? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-13-2006, 09:55 PM   #11
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
How dare Rich think he shouldn't shoulder the entire cost of this site as a public service to the rest of the herp community. He should feel lucky we even take the time to come here, to think we should actually pay something is rediculous.
What was once free should always be free regardless of the fact the server space and bandwidth has quadrupled in the last 3 years.
The nerve of some people.....

And yes Tom, there was sarcasm in this post, just to make sure we're all clear on that
Oh believe me I picked up on it. It was evident from the first sentence. I guess its feasible for someone with a job to do. Every penny I have goes to my either my geckos, my computer, or saving for a car.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:09 PM   #12
perefalcon
yeah but now, I've even exceded my limit and there's no way for me to delete old pics, which I would gladly do to continue to post new pics of my beautiful babies, after all I do have my eggs hatching next month. I plan on increasing my membership soon so that I haev more of a picture limit, but until that is possible (after that $500 vet bill it'll take a while) I've got to open up that account at that other site. I wish there was a way I could delete all those old pics that no one looks at now

Old 03-13-2006, 11:42 PM   #13
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by perefalcon
yeah but now, I've even exceded my limit and there's no way for me to delete old pics, which I would gladly do to continue to post new pics of my beautiful babies, after all I do have my eggs hatching next month. I plan on increasing my membership soon so that I haev more of a picture limit, but until that is possible (after that $500 vet bill it'll take a while) I've got to open up that account at that other site. I wish there was a way I could delete all those old pics that no one looks at now
Well, let's see. As a paid Participant here, you have the ability to upload 2.5 megs of images directly into the posts you make. You also have 5 megabytes of photo storage available in the photo gallery, from which you can link the photographs directly into your posts. 7.5 megabytes is not ENOUGHfor you?

There are 3,926 photographs posted in the photo gallery consuming 505.9 megabytes of disk space. That averages out to about 129K per photograph. With 7.5 megabytes available to you, you can post an average of 58 photographs.

Heck, I don't know, for $10 a year, I think that is more then fair, don't you?

If you want to post more photographs then that, you can either go to a higher membership level, or else host the photographs on your own webspace and simply link them here.

Let's face it, sooner or later I will have to spend the money for a larger hard drive because I just ran out of room on the old one. Who is going to pay for it? Who SHOULD pay for it?

Old 03-13-2006, 11:54 PM   #14
saltwaterreptiles
Rich...

I totally understand and relate, I run a small community group and as a part of it I was letting people have galleries with no limits on pic size or numbers. As the membership grew I could see this could quickly become problematic. So like you I have now instituted a members only policy for galleries and onsite storage. So far the pics posted in the threads hasn't created that large of an issue, but I can see where they could be an issue on a site this size....

You are not only in your rights, but are being more than generous in offering what you do offer for such a nominal fee...

People really have no concept as to the amount of time and money it takes to keep a good community site floating... well... some people don't!

Old 03-14-2006, 12:05 AM   #15
diablohogs
okay seeing as this NEW limit of yours isnt even mentioned in the breakdown of the memberships, what do i get space wise with each membership?

Old 03-14-2006, 12:07 AM   #16
g&mgeckos
I have to agree with Cory on this one. 10.00 a year is not much to ask for what you are getting.

The question I have is as it as been suggested to use a photobucket account, does this still tax on the space requirements for you Rich? I am only asking because I really don't know how it all works.

It does seem like a logical solution to just create a photobucket account. Just my two cents no offense meant towards anyone.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:09 AM   #17
saltwaterreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by g&mgeckos
I have to agree with Cory on this one. 10.00 a year is not much to ask for what you are getting.

The question I have is as it as been suggested to use a photobucket account, does this still tax on the space requirements for you Rich? I am only asking because I really don't know how it all works.

It does seem like a logical solution to just create a photobucket account. Just my two cents no offense meant towards anyone.
It still draws on the bandwidth of the site... but not the storage limits....

Old 03-14-2006, 12:26 AM   #18
Jeremy Letkey
Chad, the details are available at this link Table of paid memberships
Also thought I would mention... this is not a new set up. It has been in place for over a year now. I know this because I just renewed my membership. LOL

Old 03-14-2006, 12:26 AM   #19
diablohogs
Quote:
Well, let's see. As a paid Participant here, you have the ability to upload 2.5 megs of images directly into the posts you make. You also have 5 megabytes of photo storage available in the photo gallery, from which you can link the photographs directly into your posts. 7.5 megabytes is not ENOUGHfor you?
no. i already have 30+ megabytes. it wouldnt make a difference.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:28 AM   #20
brandy101010
$10 a year is a great price and after i move and get a new computer i will become a paid member. There is no point in doing it now because i may be computerless for awhile after i move because my computer died and i have been using my moms
I think it is well worth the 10 bucks just to suport the site.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!