An Update on us and the babies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
g&mgeckos
An Update on us and the babies

I was planning on posting some pictures of our offspring so far this year, but that blasted little dog of my wife's chewed the USB cable! Anyway I ordered another but it won't be in for about 7-10 days.

We have had some nice tangs hatch so far and have had our Tremper Hybino hets start to hatch. I am looking forward to see what comes from these hets as they appear to have taken after their father Harley.

We have had a crappy start to the year that as also affected our egg production and hatchling production so far this year but it should start straightening out now.

Back in January we found out Mendie's cancer was coming back. About two weeks later I was laid off because of budget cuts. We have spent alto of time traveling back and forth to Houston the past couple months for her treatment. Because of this our oldest son kinda step in for me as far taking care of the leos. He as done a great job with all the adults, but has had a few problems with the eggs and incubators. I really don't know what I would have done with out his help though. We found out yesterday that all of the kemo and radiation Mendie has been through the last couple of months seems to have eradicated the cancer and no more treatments should be needed. We have follow ups to do in six weeks. I also started a new job that has been keeping me very busy over the last month but I love it! Once I get everything in place it should settle down and be a great job.

Back to the leos, So far Cheyenne and Harley have continued to produce some great looking tangs. Harley was also used in the Tremper Hybino project and as I stated earlier they look alot like the regular tangs right now. Our Bell female that was paired with our Red Stripe failed to produce any eggs yet. But now that I am back in charge of the leos I will be trying again.

Other projects we are waiting on.
Tremper Giants- eggs any day now
Our new SHTCTB- was paired with Harley last week
We should also start breeding Harley back to his daughters from last year at the end of this month. We are trying to increase the orange.
Bell hets should also start pairing up at the end of this month.
The Rainwaters and Red Stripes should start not to long after that.

Our son missed four eggs in egg laying boxes. And one of our incubators up on him in my absence that also cost us 10 eggs. But there is more on the way and he has learned so much from the 2 months he took care of them. Anyway thanks for letting me update you all on our babies and explaining my absence.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
ByRandom
Glenn,

Even though it seems like you've had a hard few months, it was all worth it, it seems! I hope that you, Mendie, your children, and all of your geckos will do awesome in the next few months! Just take life one day at a time. You should know that we'll be here for you if you have any problems.

P.s. I understand about the dogs chewing up USB cords, they must taste like Beggin' Strips, dogs can't believe it's not Bacon!

Old 04-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #3
BalloonzForU
Glenn,
Wow what a emotional rollercoaster you've been dealing with. Glad to hear Mendie's cancer is in check now. I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Sorry about the job, but great you found a new one you like. Bummer about the eggs, just had that happen over here too.

I can't wait to see your pictures!

Old 04-14-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
nwheat
Glad to see you back, Glenn!! I'm also very glad to hear that Mendie is doing well! You must be so proud of your son that he was able to show such responsibility! We all know it's an awful lot of work taking care of these guys - especially during breeding season! Congrats on the new job too!

Old 04-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
bro paul
Thanks for sharing Glenn! You must be very proud of your son. How old is he? Well, I hope you get lots of beautiful babies...and I hope your wife continues to improve.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
g&mgeckos
Thank you everyone for the kind words! I am thinking it will all start going up now. I was bummed about losing the eggs but he really did do a great job taking care of everyhting here at home while we were gone so much. I must admit the leos or anything else was the last thing on my mind at times and he really came through for us. Funny thing about it he never as been into the any of the animals at all but didn't give it a second thought on stepping in and taking care of them and his brothers.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #7
Jeremy Letkey
Glenn, it sounds like you and your family have a great support system. Good luck with everything. I especially hope that Mendie's check up goes well.

Old 04-14-2006, 08:50 PM   #8
LadyGecko
Glen- I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the gecko eggs but everything does sound like it's on an upswing for you now
I agree that it sounds like you are blessed with a super family

I pray that everything continues to keep improving and getting better for you and your family
Sandy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!