breeding questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-18-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
mhwc56
breeding questions

I have never done any breeding before but thought I might give it a try. The question I have right now is this; if I breed my female tremper giant albino ( parents are both giant-father's a tangerine carrothead tremper albino and mom's a tremper albino giant carrot tail jungle) to a giant sunglo male will this result in sunglos as well or a combo of different things or just primarily albinos?
I must be dumb or something but I am having a time of trying to figure out the punnet square stuff when there's more than a couple traits to figure in..
Thanks folks for your input Martha

Old 04-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #2
g&mgeckos
I am not sure on all the genetics but I will give it a shot.

You have many genes at play in this combination. Some are ressive some are Co-Dom and some are line bred. Then to make matters a little harder some are line bred that are starting to act ressive or Co-Dom.

The Tremper Albino is ressive.
The Giant is a Co-Dom.
The sunglow has some degree of hypo, this is one that started out ressive but over the last few years has started acting Co-Dom
Carrot Head is a line bred trait
Tangerine is a line bred trait
The Jungle gene I believe is not fully understood just yet

Now back to your ? I think you stand a strong chance of producing more sunglows but will also produce other albinos as well. Most if not all should be Giants.

Here is a link to a pretty good genetics page.Gekkonida I hope this helps, but as I said in the beginning I am not quite sure on all the genetics so hopefully more will join in on the thread.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
Sauradon
assuming both are co dom giants (not super giants) you will get 25% regular, 50% giant, 25% super giant. If one is super giant and other isnt you will get 50% giant 50% super giant. As for the sunglowxtangerine tremper you will get some sunglows some that look like the mother and most a mix in between.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!