NEWLY IMPLEMENTED picture quota?!? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
diablohogs
NEWLY IMPLEMENTED picture quota?!?

so apparently i can't post pictures on this forum anymore because theres a new limit of only a couple megabytes and ive already posted 30 something megabytes in my 3 years ive been frequenting this site.

i guess ill have to take my pictures to herpportal.com from now on. hopefully they wont follow suit and implement a paid membership tactic like this one.

Old 03-13-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
Sarah H
I don't really know about the picture quota, but you could always just create a photobucket account. Its free and you can upload your pics there then post them.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
Clay Davenport
Or you could pony up the cost of a meal in a decent restaurant one a year and increase your limit while you actually support the site and the bandwidth costs to host the pictures.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #4
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
Or you could pony up the cost of a meal in a decent restaurant one a year and increase your limit while you actually support the site and the bandwidth costs to host the pictures.
or we could not be sarcastic about it and not hassle someone into becoming a subscriber/supporter.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by The NY Gecko
or we could not be sarcastic about it and not hassle someone into becoming a subscriber/supporter.
Clay was merely stating a fact. Pointing out the benefits of membership is not hassling. Chad said he was taking his pictures down the road already.He can simply delete his older pictures as well, and then he wouldn’t have to worry about it.

Old 03-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #6
diablohogs
don't you think 2 megabytes is pretty small?

when i joined this forum it was free. noone told me that i'd have to eventually pay anywhere from $10-$250 a year just to continue to use a service that was once free.

i'd rather leave up the pictures that i've already uploaded and simply move to a site that offers the same services for free.

Old 03-13-2006, 06:31 PM   #7
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Nothing wrong with letting the guy know there are other options. One doesn't have to be a subscriber, but what is wrong with at least "supporting" a site? Geez, 30 mb of free space, that's more photos than I'm able to load at several forums I belong to (not just reptile related either). You don't want to "support" a site why even be here? and support is not always financial, it can be just being positive about a site, or appreciating what one does get to do. Every site has pros and cons, there are sites that allow more photos, but there is really nobody to look at them. As many have noticed, I have not renewed my paid membership, but I still like the members here, and the ability to post photos and "talk" to others with related interests, so I'm not going to whine about having to "support" the site. I'm free to go to other forums AS ARE YOU.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:17 PM   #8
Clay Davenport
Quote:
There's not a sarcastic word in my statement. Just a simple fact. As far as hassling him to become a subscriber, I wasn't doing that either. I could honestly care less if he subscribed or not, I doubt anyone will miss the leopard gecko pics less than I would since it's one forum I almost never bother with.
The original post was merely an "I'll take my ball and play somewhere else" post we've all seen before. So take the ball and go, no big deal. He just wanted to let Rich and everyone else know that he was leaving and it was because of the $10 or whatever. I'll teach Rich, I'll just offer my participation to another site where I can use their services for nothing in return either. I'm sure Rich is pacing the floor over that as I type this.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:22 PM   #9
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablohogs
when i joined this forum it was free. noone told me that i'd have to eventually pay anywhere from $10-$250 a year just to continue to use a service that was once free.

i'd rather leave up the pictures that i've already uploaded and simply move to a site that offers the same services for free.
How dare Rich think he shouldn't shoulder the entire cost of this site as a public service to the rest of the herp community. He should feel lucky we even take the time to come here, to think we should actually pay something is rediculous.
What was once free should always be free regardless of the fact the server space and bandwidth has quadrupled in the last 3 years.
The nerve of some people.....

And yes Tom, there was sarcasm in this post, just to make sure we're all clear on that

Old 03-13-2006, 07:52 PM   #10
WebSlave
Right now the attachments on this one site consume 1.4 gigabytes of my server. That does not include the images in the photo gallery, nor those images used in the classifieds script. Bandwidth is around 140 gigabytes per month, which does not include some of the off server utilities for banner ads and the GGC banners.

If someone here finds the limits on their posting images to be restricting, then they are certainly free to go elsewhere that they feel is more suitable to their needs.

Truly, I am really very sorry that you feel you should have UNLIMITED resources available at your beck and call for free, and I am unable to meet your demands.

But, just imagine, for only $10 per year you could get 2.5 times the amount of attachment space that you get for free. Imagine that........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!