Quarantine rooms - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
Kevin S
Quarantine rooms

Id love to see members quarantine rooms and if they are in another building another room or just a rack in there snake room.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
Rock Star Reptile
I have no pics of this because it is quite non-impressive. It is just a small rack system that holds 4 tubs in my living room. Which is 2-1/2 floors away from my actual snake room. It comes out of the garage only when we buy/trade a snake and it will go in there for 3 to 6 months. I have finally put the rack back in the garage here last week and finally introduced the snakes I deem healthy into the collective. Again not real impressive just a rack in a living room.lol
Oh personally I would not have a quarantine rack IN THE SNAKE ROOM. This would not really be a true way to keep critters & such in check if ya know what I mean.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
Kingofspades
I use a tub with a heating pad in my living room. Then again I rarely add more than one snake at a time to my collection.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
MrBig
I too only have a 4 tub rack that I use for 3-6 months for QT. If I have one in it when a new one comes in the time starts over. So I never have more then 4 new additions at a time, but if I did I would just build another 4 or 5 rack. My QT is on a differant floor on a differant corner of the house.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
radera5
Different rack, in a different part of the house. Nothing fancy.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
deborahbroadus
When I was living in my farmhouse, I had a small shed attached to the back of the house for quarantine. Before then, when I had fewer animals, I used the basement for quarantine (it was dark and isolated) and kept the regular animals upstairs in another room.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
Kevin S
great post everyone, now while in QT what are you observing, are you doing anything diffrent to the snakes in QT, verses your collection that is not in QT?

Old 05-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Kevin S
basicly how do you know when to end QT is is a date on the calander or something else.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
MrBig
For me it depends on the source of the animal, its appearance, it,s behaviour and how it settles into the routine. But I use seperate utensils, tubs and bowls for all QT animals. Other then that they don,t do anything differant.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
Rock Star Reptile
Basically treat it like it has mites. Bedding is sprayed(PAM) and it is on paper towels for the first month & 1/2. It is easier to see mites this way.
Like mentioned above separate everything. Food is only given to them and not attempted then given to others etc etc.. Yeah then pretty much checking for any defects - RI - death, Ya know the typical stuff.. Want to see nice sheds & perfect poops. This has saved me in the past.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!