Time to seperate Male & Female Sub-Adults - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-10-2004, 08:50 PM   #1
brianskibinski
Time to seperate Male & Female Sub-Adults

Hi everyone,
I was wondering what a proper weight/age would be to seperate two bearded dragons that have been housed together in a cage since they were very young (one male one female). They are both about 120 grams and the male just started to get all puffy and run towards my female. He's been good but this is the first time I saw them. If I do need to seperate them, what is a good age/weight to put them back together. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-11-2004, 01:50 AM   #2
Blazin
Well breeding Bearded Dragons females tend to do best during their second , third and fourth years. Good overall weight and muscle tone will usually ensure a successful breeding. I would definetly seperate them if the Male is already showing puffing tendencies as well as the darkened beard.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!