2 ball python hybrid questions. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
Darkice
2 ball python hybrid questions.

First: What are all the hybrid ball pythons that are out there. I've seen a few floating around like angolian,jcp,burms but what else is there.

Second. Is it possible to cross a green tree python with a ball python? I would love to have a green ball python and nothing is impossible.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Pythonbreeder99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkice View Post
First: What are all the hybrid ball pythons that are out there. I've seen a few floating around like angolian,jcp,burms but what else is there.

Second. Is it possible to cross a green tree python with a ball python? I would love to have a green ball python and nothing is impossible.
I know of the burmball, the superball(blood x ball), the angolan ball. and thats all to my knowledge, I'm sure theres more but not that I am aware of. and I would imagen it would be impossible. Ball pythons are terestrial where gtp's are arborial. As well as gtp's produce green pigment and BP's cannot produce green pigment, the locality is different, as is the body structure. I doubt you could naturally do it but maybe artificially? I dont know lol

Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
Pythonbreeder99
there is also a woma x ball

Old 07-09-2010, 01:40 AM   #4
morph evolution
richard check out n.e.r.d's website they did a ball x retic.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:33 AM   #5
Abby
Here are all the Ball hybrids I've come across:

Black Blood Ball (Sumatran Short-Tail Python x Ball Python)

Super Ball (Borneo Short-Tail Python x Ball Python)

F2 Super Ball (Super Ball x Super Ball)

Mongrel Ball (Super Ball x Ball Python)

Wall (Woma Python x Ball Python)

Carpall (Jungle Carpet Python x Ball Python)

Spider Carpall's can be seen here:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=179410

Burmball (Burmese Python x Ball Python)

Angry Ball (Angolan Python x Ball Python)

Hidden Gene Woma Angry Ball (Angolan Python x HG Woma Ball Python)

Reticulated Python x Ball Python

Golden Child Reticulated Python x Ball Python

I am willing to bet a GTP x Ball cross could be done if you can manage to get them to breed. Since one is arboreal and one is terrestrial, that might be a challenge. I would expect the genes to do fine together though since so many python hybrids have been made regardless of their genus.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:54 AM   #6
Russmore
i just got an angry ball its sweet!!! Angolan Python x Ball Python

Old 01-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
kellylake0001
im wondering about the size some of these animals get, do they stay small like ball pythons or are they closer to the burms and retic size

Old 01-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #8
smilin-buddha
I produced the Carpall. It was Irian Jaya to a Ball Python

Old 02-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
Vonsamhain
A Ball x Green Tree Python would not very likely have any green at all. The way that color works in GTP's and Balls would most likely no have any Green show up in a 50/50. If they were fertile you might see some green x 75% GTP blood. But since no one has had success with f1's, f2's seem even less likely.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
J_A_G
I want to see a Ball x super dwarf retic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!