Inquiry Josh Serlin from AZ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Focal
Josh Serlin from AZ

Hello,

I just want to say up front that I am not posting good or bad about Josh Serlin. I have had difficulty finding our original emails but I have been trying to reach him at the address that is attached to his paypal account. I've been having issues with a non-eater and am looking for any contact info anyone might have. I was not told this snake was a picky/non-eater upon purchase and have had problems since and just looking for some advice as to the conditions he had her in to see if mirroring them might help. I have not received a reply from the email address, but that doesn't mean he checks it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 1:23 PM
To: 'CSerloin@aol.com'
Subject: RE: Pinstripe

Hi Josh,

I'm not sure if these emails are getting to you or not, but I'm going to post a neutral thread on fauna's BOI to see if I can get a hold of you. Thanks.

V/R

Nick
--------------------------

Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 12:05 PM
Subject: RE: Pinstripe

Hi Josh,

Just wondering if you had any advice for me. Thanks

V/R

Nick

Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 12:37 PM
Subject: Pinstripe

Hi Josh,

I bought a female pinstripe that was poss het for albino towards the end of August and had a couple questions for you about her. After I received her, she didn't eat for about six weeks. I tried live, freshly killed, and freshly thawed rats and mice and couldn't get her to take. Then on week six she ate a F/T small rat that I left in her enclosure over night. Over the course of the next two weeks, she took two more small rats that were left during the same time and same condition but after that third rat, she went off feed again for the last two months. Her conditions and temps haven't changed and she seems really timid. Basically I was wondering if you could give me some history on her. How often she was eating, what she was eating, what high/low temps she lived in? I'm afraid she won't eat again, but then again she took a long break after getting here. Has she always been a problematic eater and I'm overreacting or could she be use to other conditions? She hasn't been cooled nor any other snakes in my rack. They are all eating fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

V/R

Nick

Old 12-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Amelanistic Orca
Nickster... Tell me/us more about the snake.. Ie; size.. Photo, maybe, and your conditions.. Gotta be an easy fix my man...

Old 12-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
Focal
Thanks Tom! PMed.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
Focal
BTW, I want to say Josh did a great job packing her and delivery was right on time.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
Royal Morphz
It is not at all uncommon for a BP to go a long time without eating. Even a hatchling could after taking a trip to a new home. I wouldn't stress over eating, just keep track of weights and if there is a major weight loss then worry. I will also say it is not at all uncommon for someone to move a trouble feeder, in fact I have bought quite a few. I hope things work out and you lil one starts eating on a regular basis.

Tim

Old 02-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
Dave26
I just made a purchase from Josh and everything went smooth. His communication was great, the snake arrived packed perfectly and she is better looking in person than in pictures. I look forward to dealing with Josh again in the future.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
jeserlin
Nick, I know the time has long passed since you posted this... As you can tell, I haven't been on here for a couple years. If you still have any questions feel free to message me or shoot me an email at jeserlin@cox.net.

All the best,

Josh Serlin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!