I have an idea to make the BOI easier for people to find/search - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
I have an idea to make the BOI easier for people to find/search

How about an image link/text ( whatever! ) on the left hand side where our usernames/info is, that links to a search of that persons name/screen name?

Wouldn't it really just require a script of some sort, that just would do the search automatically?

I dunno, i *Personally* think this would greatly increase the usage of the BOI, and be a very valuable function on the site, especially for people browsing ads. Instead of leaving the page/opening a new tab to get to the BOI, to research a seller, they can just CLICK the link, and find any threads with that screen name/full name or whatever. AND instead of new users who dont know about the BOI, to just take a risk( Cant save them all, but i think it might help).

I see alot of people who STILL dont know about the BOI, or what its for, and maybe a somewhat visible link would help?

Thats just my idea... if people LIKE this, but have a better thought of to how it should look, by all means!!

Maybe instead of the BOI search, it can say "User Business Search" to be a little more self explanatory?

*shrugs*

Old 09-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
Not a bad idea in theory Alicia. It would have a natural limitation though that would exclude a good number of users.

Say I sold reptiles under the name XYZ reptiles rather than my actual name. The button could be set to search only the Thread titles of the BOI for my screen name or actual name, but it wouldn't be able to know my business name that I actually sold under.
Even worse say someone had a screen name of xxxHerpNutxxx and wasn't active on the BOI so didn't have the full name field filled in completely, but sold reptiles as XYZ Herps.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
WebSlave
Yeah, the suggestion has some merit, but as has been pointed out, there are some wrinkles in the details. Plus at this point, the jury is still out as to whether the BOI will even still be here after January 1.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
DAND
Great idea. Kind of like making a query when using Access.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!