another help identify - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:41 PM   #1
Frogger185
another help identify

need help identifying as im trying to be a newt/ salamander breeder found this guy in ms
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2021, 09:01 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
A couple suggestions:

Get yourself very familiar with all the species you might encounter before you go out collecting. MS does have protected caudate species (six of them) that cannot be legally collected.

On breeding native species: MS prohibits the sale or barter of native non-game animals. I don't know the statutes relating to release of animals in MS, but captive bred animals should never be released outside of state-sanctioned programs with veterinary and conservation oversight. So you won't be able to do anything with the offspring but keep them, cull them, or give them away for free.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:06 PM   #3
Frogger185
thank you for your concern i am well aware of those suggestions as that is one reason i am checking to see what a species is. this was just a caught and released species. i dont intend to breed unless finding out what its status is and not until i get the right documents to sell will i ever do anything with. and as the species im raising right now that isnt pictured in this post that species is only a count of two and as they are babies i am not doing anything but raising for now doing reasearch as u suggested is essential in any business and as i have no clue what this species is i cant house it properly so i had to release it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!