5 legged toad question? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #21
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Why does something like this belong in an amphibian discussion forum?
Because you're an idiot trying to be a sarcatic smartass.

You're hardly the one to point out the direction for good behaviour mr. clark, seeing as how you stole 700.00 worth of geckos from some poor girl then lied about her in a private forum that she did not have access to in order to make yourself look better.

You are not smart. You are not welcome here. You are NOT one ANYONE should emulate.

Unless of course being a scumbag dumbass idiot is the goal, then YOU are the perfect example of success.

Kindly remove yourself.

Sepeku, ritual or otherwise, is acceptable.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #22
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemar
I have about a 3 inch toad that has two right front legs that work. Is this a rare occurance? Is it something a collector or lab would desire? Thanks for any info you can give me. Jim Milson tigerlily@wt.net
The OP has not been on this site since 8-13. He was probably scared off by the welcoming of mr. glASS, one of our more intelligent members.

HA.

As far as the question- no, it is not a rare occurance anymore. As was mentioned there are parasites that can and do cause multilimbed frogs and instances of such multilimbedness is increasing.

Poor water conditions, which are growing world wide, can also cause malformations in the growing tads as they turn into froglets.

As far as value, it's doubtful there would be any special value to it unless it is from a newly poisoned site or a new parasite is causing the extra limb, neither of which would be easy for a layman frog catcher to determine.

I know there have been studies done in Minnisota and I think Oregon, though I may be mistaken on the Oregon location. Contact the bigger Universities and see if their biology depts. have any interest is the best I can suggest.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:42 PM   #23
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Why does something like this belong in an amphibian discussion forum?
Hey pal-o-mine I was just practicing what you were suggesting I started doing.....heading people in the right direction.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #24
snake5007
The only direction he can go is up. He can't really get any lower, can he?

Old 10-27-2007, 06:19 AM   #25
snakecatcher0101
hey watch out wilomn, cat 72 is living in this nice fantasy world where everyone is nice to eachother and doesnt use fowl language. she might have a fit about that and chew you out.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #26
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakecatcher0101
hey watch out wilomn, cat 72 is living in this nice fantasy world where everyone is nice to eachother and doesnt use fowl language. she might have a fit about that and chew you out.
And one day you'll learn how to spell "foul" and respect members that EARN more respect than you do.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:56 AM   #27
snakecatcher0101
haha it was 3 in the morning when i posted that. wasnt quite with it at the time. everyone has there moments. anyway what do i care if a bunch of people i dont know dont respect me?? i could care less what u have to say. the people that know me respect me and thats what matters.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:51 AM   #28
Cat_72
Quote:

Actually, it just annoys me when people think that they are too good to obey simple rules of the site. That, and my chickens are the only ones allowed to use "fowl" language around my house. I may use some off-color language at times, but not where it simply isn't allowed or appreciated. I originally posted my comment to try to help you out since I could see that you were new here and perhaps didn't know the rules, but apparently you are someone who chooses to ignore them. My mistake.

As fas as respect goes....respect goes a long way in the business world as well as the personal world, whether it be the herp business or otherwise. I respect (and do business with) folks that may use "bad words" sometimes, but are intelligent enough to convey their thoughts without using them at inappropriate times.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #29
Wilomn
Quote:
haha it was 3 in the morning when i posted that. wasnt quite with it at the time. everyone has there moments. anyway what do i care if a bunch of people i dont know dont respect me?? i could care less what u have to say. the people that know me respect me and thats what matters.
Like Bennie, the bum who lives behind the Circle K and Whitey the guy who cleans out the bathrooms at the Circle K and it's not his fault he can't get any other job just because he doesn't like anyone but white folks, and then there's Trish, she works over at the truckstop helping truckers, and my mom too. Of course, mom can't see and can barely hear but I tell her all about how good I am so she respects me too.

Of course, none of my kids talk to me, none of the ones I know of anyway. I don't think that 4 fingered one of Trish's is really mine, she just says that to get me going because I have webs between my toes. And I'm not allowed IN the Cirlce K anymore, not since I called that lady's husband a towelhead, but I don't need their respect anyhow, dumb immigrants. How was I supposed to know they bought the place? They talk English with some weird accent.

The guys down at Mr. G's, they all respect me. Mostly on payday though, when I get my Nightrain. Sometimes we share a bottle or two out back. Well, as long as that damn deputy dog Whisker Steve isn't working. He runs us off, calling us bums and asking if we want to go BACK to the Iron Bar Hotel for vagrancy. It's only been a few times I've been busted for vagrancy and he makes out like it's an all the time thing. I LIKE sleeping outside and newspaper can keep you real warm if you get enough of them.

So you see, I don't need no ones respect but those who know me, because they're the ones who understand me.

mutter mutter mutter, damn Wilomn, smart and handsome and knows all his words and letters, mutter mutter mutter, probably has a job too.....

Old 10-28-2007, 03:23 PM   #30
critical bill
Haha Adam. Smell my finger. Haha.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread