Good Guy Carl Aiken - great guy! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
mvite
Thumbs up Carl Aiken - great guy!

I lucked out living where I live. The Pittsburgh, PA area has some really great people involved with the local herp scene.

We also import some---like Carl Aiken from OH.

I don't know how it happened--but Carl had his eye on an animal I had listed for sale/trade. Carl contacted me and wanted to know if I was interested in looking at some of his stuff in trade for my animal.

LOL @ that. From attending the local shows, I've seen Carl's vast array of BP morphs---spanning tables in it's shiny acrylic beauty! He's bought most of his stuff directly from the some of the originators of those particular BP morphs. When I first started--Carl's tables scared me... There was super pastel lesser this....lavender albino that.....I never thought I would understand how he made all those things!

In our deal, Carl went through many of the things he had available to trade with me---all in great genetic detail. Carl knows his stuff--and most importantly---keeps track of it.

After we sealed the deal at the show with some morphs for me---Carl tossed another snake in---on top of the deal! AFTER I HAD ALREADY AGREED TO THE INITIAL ONE!

I've been achin' for some Carl Aiken snakes--and I got some sweet ones!

Carl only has dial-up---so you probably won't catch him online too much. His phone number is listed in another thread--I didn't want to list that here.

Carl Aiken is the man!! He's our very own East Coast POWERHOUSE!

Old 02-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
bigdogg
Carl is the man. We vend many of the same shows. Do a lot of trades and deals with him. Pretty much every Dwarf Boa in my collection came from him. Some of the best stuff out there. I also have a few ball pythons from him too. Carl is not only a good guy he is a Great Guy.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Gary O
Carl is one of the best in the business. I know what you mean by looking at his table and drooling. I will go out right now saying he produces the best super pastel lessers around. and his ghosts are awesome too.

Can not go wrong with Carl.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Buckeyebloods
Not to mention his Mojaves and cinnys rock! Plus Carl is a great man to do buisness with.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
Carl is one of the best in the business. I know what you mean by looking at his table and drooling. I will go out right now saying he produces the best super pastel lessers around. and his ghosts are awesome too.

Can not go wrong with Carl.
I held a few of the super pastel lessers today---I can't even describe how lightly colored their heads were. They weren't white--or yellow---they were nearly clear--like I could almost see the snake's brain! They are incredible.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
mvite
I have to show you one of the things Carl gave me!!!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
garweft
He is easily one of my favorite people to talk to and buy from at shows. I bought a very well started Het albino female ball from him. She ate great and grew fast. And last year gave me my first albino ball python. Actually she gave me 2.2 albinos out of a five egg clutch from a het to het breeding. And yes I am happy.

One of the things that really impress me about him is the time he takes with each transaction. Once a deal is worked out he is in no hurry to get your money and move to another transaction. He takes his time to talk about the animal and make sure that you fully understand it's care, etc. And it doesn't matter if it's a high dollar morph or a low dollar normal, all his customers get treated very well and are sent home with nice healthy animals. I have never seen an animal on his tables that looked maintenance fed. That itself says a lot. Carl is the man.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
Gary O
Matthew, you hit the nail on the head. With Carl everyone is equal and he loves doing this. I tell him all the time his animals are ranked at the top. His Lav. Albinos are SMOKIN! His ghost line is awesome.

Did anyone get to see his Axanthic Spider he produced. I had that in my hand and I melted. The animal is AWESOME!!!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
snakemansam
I'd just like to add, I have purchased 5 snakes from Carl and have not been disappointed in any way. Carl is always my first call when I'm looking for something new, he's helpful, knowledgeable and always friendly! I saw that carmel on Saturday at the Pittsburgh show and that picture does it no justice!! carl has only quality animals

Old 02-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #10
royal1reptiles
Thumbs up Carl Great Guy!!

As Show promoter of the Pittsburgh Reptile Show , I have known Carl for quite some time, He knows his stuff he always impresses me with the quality of his animals he brings to the shows. I enjoy going to his table every month to see his snakes! He is a great guy and his snakes rock!! Very impressive!
Amanda Hess
Pittsburgh Reptile Show!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python, breeding, carl aiken, ohio, pennsylvania