Hidden gene lesser/soul sucker stuff - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
Ghi Reptiles
It's what people first thought was going on so the names just stuck...

Old 06-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
joe23
i think kevin explained everything in his video. at least the way he sees it.

its obvious to us now that there are NO hidden genes at all involved in the soulsucker. its a simple 1 in 4 combo.

i know ure a really good friend of kevin and i really like u, u seem like a good guy to me, but what kevin does here is just wrong in my eyes.

even in todays adds on ks he writes the soulsucker is a reaction of two hidden genes combined. its clear that he doesnt mean it as "line names".

people like saskia from snakings bought a adult soulsucker male for 20k just because she thought she cant make em with her lessers and that there are hidden genes involved. otherwise shed never spend 15 more than she used too. she could have bought a male hg woma and breed him to a few lesser females. same odds as breeding her soulsucker male to a few normal females.

in my eyes thats simply not right. he can price em like he wants and people pay whats its worth em to them, but misleading the people isnt ok in my book.

he NEVER said that u can make a soulsucker from a normal lesser (he denies that in his video also), even though people in britain made soulsuckers about 3 years ago with normal lessers.

of course this isnt directed towards u, u have nothing to do with it- its kevins business

Old 06-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
Ghi Reptiles
No worries at all Joe. I don't really know that much about the whole soul sucker drama that goes on. Did the soul suckers that were made in the UK look like Kevin's soul suckers?

Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #14
joe23
to me they looked like them. although its really hard to describe a certain soulsucker look after raphy posted the pictures of 10 soulsuckers which all looked different to each other.

ill see if i find the links and send em to u tommorow- now ill have to sleep a few hours (its 4 am here).

Old 06-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #15
Diego Velarde
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
Whys everything gotta be hidden gene? I mean if u see a difference, it isnt quite hidden is it?
Because it sells. Hidden gene this hidden gene that. Bling bling there.
People just need to do their home work before buying. A change of name or title will not make an animal better, it sure makes them pricier.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #16
amos1974
OK so I have a question... so Kevin said the hidden gene Lessers that come from soul sucker breeding make soul suckers... he also said that you can not breed a HGWG to a HGWG sibling because you will make pearls... so if the hidden gene lesser comes from a soul sucker breeding should you breed it back to Hidden Gene Woma or not?? it is a sib... will it make soul suckers and pearls? Or do HGWG some times make pearls no mater what the breeding and the HGWG X SIB = Pearls rumor just another misconception by Kevin?

Old 06-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #17
amos1974
Matt?

Old 06-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #18
Ghi Reptiles
Sure...you can breed it to a Hgw. I think he meant that Hgw x Hgw = pearl...not non Hgw siblings.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #19
rcpreis3
See theres the confusion with this whole hidden gene bs. Kevin just threw the name hidden gene on whatever, I think its bs that only his lessers make soul suckers. But no the hgw and hgl are two different hidden genes and are not related. Theres so much confusion around this I'll never buy anything with the term "hidden gene"

Old 06-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #20
rcpreis3
Also I call bs on the pearls, if they are so bad why does he keep producing them? I bet my whole collection if he gets a male to adult size he'll be breeding it. Plus spiders have the same issues with wobbling, but I still see hundreds of bees being produced each year, why all the fuss about pearls?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!