Hidden gene lesser/soul sucker stuff - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #21
Ghi Reptiles
I think he's made one pearl that has actually live but I could be mistaken. They are far beyond wobblers

Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #22
amos1974
the pearls Die...

Old 06-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #23
rcpreis3
If thats true why do keep seeing them? And why does he keep doing pairings that could produce them?

Old 06-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #24
Ghi Reptiles
To get other possible combos I would think.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #25
rcpreis3
But we all know if it would have been someone else do a pairing that might be lethal, everyone around here would be up in arms against them, even if they were trying for other combos. I saw it anytime people would post about breeding boas, hypo motley to a motley, to get more hypo motleys. People flipped when they saw that. Why is it ok for kevin to do it?

Old 06-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #26
Ghi Reptiles
I would think its ok for anyone to do it.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #27
rcpreis3
But if the pairing could be lethal to the offspring, wouldn't it be unethical and solely based on greed? If people are to sell kinked, or offspring from kinked caramel lines, the hounds come out and crucify them. I have nothing against kevin besides his horrible (imo) choice for morph names. I just can't stand to see the little guy get reamed for something that is perfectly acceptable for one of the big wigs to do.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #28
Ghi Reptiles
I think that anybody can do what they want. Breeders make albino ball pythons and sometimes they're born with no eyes. Caramels kink. Spiders spin. Champagnes spin. Pinstripes have shark bills. And so on.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #29
amos1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
But if the pairing could be lethal to the offspring, wouldn't it be unethical and solely based on greed? If people are to sell kinked, or offspring from kinked caramel lines, the hounds come out and crucify them. I have nothing against kevin besides his horrible (imo) choice for morph names. I just can't stand to see the little guy get reamed for something that is perfectly acceptable for one of the big wigs to do.
All caramel lines kink... So are you saying no one should ever breed for caramels because one of the babies out of the clutch may be kinked? I dont think Keven means to produce pearls I have heard him say they pop up here and there... and I dont think any of the little guys will get reamed or crucified if they make a Pearl...

Old 06-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #30
rcpreis3
Yea if your producing genetically deformed babies they shouldn't be sold or bred, them or their relatives. Period. who wants to have lil ones that will have to be culled? Or live a life that could be extremely painful, but we don't know the extent of how these snakes feel pain. but I've seen caramels so badly kinked their bones are sticking out, and can't imagine that to be pleasant. I feel its wrong for us to intentionally pair failed genes we when have complete control over these pairings. Now if you wanna experiment and try to produce stronger lines thats cool, like how we have spiders now that don't really wobble. But to just do a breeding and say, "if we get any flukes oh well" just for the chance at that one other morph, I feel is wrong and poor husbandry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!