? on doing a search on someone - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #1
jim scharphorn
? on doing a search on someone

I tried searching for someones name that has been brought up here before and came up with nothing.
If someone was to do this they would not come up with a bad guy post. I probably did it wrong, but if I can do it wrong I am sure most others have done the same ?

Old 02-16-2004, 05:50 PM   #2
Brian Oakley
Jim,
I would have to disagree. I have done searches on here for people and found not only good guy posts, but bad guy posts AND posts that those people have made regarding something else.
Not to point anyone out, but I did one on Canopy Creations/Jerry Ditweiler (I think I spelled that wrong) and I remember that one for sure, as I came up with good and bad threads.
One problem could be, as I do not think you did it wrong, was id there was only one thread on someone and the name was mis-spelled by the author of the post, you might not be able to find it if you were spelling it correctly/differently.
Can I ask who you were searching for?

Old 02-16-2004, 07:59 PM   #3
jim scharphorn
Brian,

Tim Bowels.
Let me know what you come up with.
Thanks.

Old 02-16-2004, 09:04 PM   #4
WebSlave
The index key for the search index on this site is set to be a minimum of 4 characters. That is a reasonable tradeoff between the majority of text strings used in a search and the size of the index file on the database. A 3 character index would be MUCH larger than the 4 character one. As in most things, there are always tradeoffs.

In your instance, simply search on the last name.

Old 02-16-2004, 10:12 PM   #5
Sybella
Isn't that the "Arboreals of the Rainforest" guy? If so, there is a looooonnng thread on him.

Old 02-16-2004, 10:14 PM   #6
Sybella
I just did a search for "bowles" and got many hits.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...by=&sortorder=

Old 02-17-2004, 06:00 AM   #7
jim scharphorn
Hey web, Well you see if someone wanted to do a search on someone named Tim how would they know to just use the last name, Like I did.
And it comes up like you described.
I guess my point is that it seemed to hard or confusing to do a search on someone. and it would have been over looked seeing I came up with nothing.
I did the search to see how well the search worked , and for me it did not work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!