Which cage company to go with? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Which company to go with?
BARRS 27 21.77%
Animal Plastic 84 67.74%
Percision Caging 13 10.48%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2005, 09:19 PM   #61
MGReptiles
LOL are you kidding me.LOL This post is about caging companies. I just posted to stay away from the bad ones or the ones that would treat you badly or the the one that will not talk to you at all. You cannot have my customer service any longer Jim... Please tell me who it is that I have done wrong???? Talk about a liar...

Old 05-25-2005, 09:55 PM   #62
jim scharphorn
You got to be joking Matt, You just posted to stay away from me, I am a cage builder.

You never bought from me.

But I have bought from you 4 times and 3 out of the 4 times was terrible service, you even went as far as to lie that you called me witch you did not, then you posted that I harrassed your mother, again NOT TRUE. You even tried to take me for $5 because you did not know how to refund paypal correctly. then you actually told me that I owed you.

Do I act rude here ? YES I DO, If you post neg. about me do not expect me to be nice.
If I was in the wrong and desrved the neg. then I should not be rude but so far all the negative I have got from some of you is from lies that you believed from Good o'll god bearing Matty .

Old 05-25-2005, 10:03 PM   #63
jim scharphorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcage
You cannot have my customer service any longer Jim... Please tell me who it is that I have done wrong???? Talk about a liar...

Man you just broke my heart, no more of your customer service,
I never had it.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #64
shrap
It always amazes me every time I see people slamming Boaphile for poor customer service. I do not doubt that they have had problems with them, it is just that I have never had a problem with them in over a year doing business with them and several transactions.

All emails are answered promptly, calls answered or returned promptly, orders always arrive on time and always flawless. In fact I just got my latest order yesterday. All 15 cages arrived exactly 4 weeks and 2 days after being ordered.

Like I said, I am sure folks have had their problems. I am not doubting them in any way. It just surprises me because I have never had a problem or been unhappy in any way with them.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:37 PM   #65
MGReptiles
OkI am ignoring the parasite... Hey sharp... I truly wish I didnt have bad experiences with them as I woudl order from then again if they had just treated me with respect and not acted like I was the vein of their existance.. That and the arrogent ads on Kingsnake, even with respect to Ol scharphorn they disrespect every cage manufacture out there...

Old 05-25-2005, 10:53 PM   #66
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim scharphorn
you posted that I harrassed your mother, again NOT TRUE.
Quote:
Do I act rude here ? YES I DO,
Youve no self control Jim. I think thats the real problem.

All you had to do is respond that you believe your product to be of great quality and craftmanship to defend yourself. Instead you went off on a rant. Now you appear insane and on a cage thread no less. A thread that will no doubt get much attention.

Your last positive feedback was 4/02. I thought by now with the old thread being dead and buried that surely business would start picking up for you. Certainly you shouldnt be condemned for one messed up deal in which you were the buyer.

But now with this flaring up again? Looks like its back to sheet rock and hand jobs, errr I mean side jobs, for you.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:01 PM   #67
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O

Old 05-25-2005, 11:21 PM   #68
critical bill
Quote:
LOL, Good one critical,
Thank you.

Quote:
I bet Matt told you I harassed his mother as well, Again another lie.
No actually he didnt. You posted you spoke with Matts mom. You involved her, you upset her, you harrased her. Yes you did.

Are you kicking pvc panels all over the garage yet Sharpnot?

Old 05-25-2005, 11:37 PM   #69
Mickey_TLK
High Horse Adds, and piss poor customer service aside, I LOVE MY BOAPHILES.

I read the same things all the time, customer service sucks (never really been an issue with me, but YES JEFF IS TOUGH TO CONTACT). I think alot of people need to look at all sides of this one. Jeff has tried to address the situation, and has still fallen short obviously. However the customer is partially to blame on this as well. Everone wants CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP, but dont spare on the quality of the customer service.

The cageing business is one of the most competitive markets out there. The margins are SLIM, and not many people are buying up wholesale lots of chages. As such each sale counts, so I see no wrong in Jeff letting people know what hes done to make the cages he builds so well regarded by his customers. Sadly his poor customer service (or atleast the appearance )takes away from that hard work at times.

You know, if you look at alot of the people posting on this thread, they are cage manufactures or friends of manufactures. Jeff hasnt posted here, but a few of us who have purchased from him have.

All I can tell anyone considering buying from Jeff is this. You will get a great cage. YOU WILL GET YOUR ORDER (no fly by night sals there). If your not happy with your order, Jeff will work within reason to satisify your concerns.

You may have to wait a bit for the order. You may have to work a bit to be his customer (not something your used to in this "the customer is always right age"), but as a buying customer I can assure you the wait is worth it IMO. If you dont get a responce from Jeff, give him the benifit of the doubt. Try and contact him again, call, whatever. Spam filters block message, phone messages get lost in the mix, and most of all PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES.

You have to remeber when you take away all the bells and whilstles your still just dealing with a bald fat snake lover, whos business has grown faster then he could have dreamed. Not some no name monster.

Maybe as a small business owner myself, I can "feel Jeffs pain" on issues concerning customer service. Maybe our friendship blinds me from the truth, who knows. I just felt I would say my peace.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:55 PM   #70
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcage
That and the arrogent ads on Kingsnake, even with respect to Ol scharphorn they disrespect every cage manufacture out there...
There is no denying that, bro. Their ads are a definate turn off and disrespectful to say the least.

I love their cage products though. They are the best cages out there in my opinion, and like I said before, I personally have not had the customer service nightmares that many others have had. It is just a shame that their advertising approach and sometimes poor customer service drives people away because they really do make a great cage with some of the best options on the market.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!